Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I do not have these boots ... but I have seen a pair and they KICK ASS! They are the same basic construction as the lower half of the Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air boots which I DO have. At $250 they are definately pricey ... but I can pretty much guarantee that you would not regret them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Get full-size boots; you won't regret it when you go down.

I recommend the A* SMX boots. Saved my feet when I went down last week.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
What size are you?? I have a set of Sidi's that I would like to sell.

--David

EDIT: Please send me a PM if you are interested, as I may not remember to come back in this thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get full-size boots; you won't regret it when you go down.

I recommend the A* SMX boots. Saved my feet when I went down last week.
Well how do full size boots work with jeans? I am planning on wearing some boots no matter where I go and I don't think that full-size boots would work well with them.

David, pm sent.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Well how do full size boots work with jeans? I am planning on wearing some boots no matter where I go and I don't think that full-size boots would work well with them.

David, pm sent.

They work just fine. I wear my Sidi full size boots under my jeans all the time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1 to the smx boots i have those and after breaking them in i can barely tell that i have full boots on. I wear them all over the place and have no trouble walking around in them, but then again they are no sidis. O and I wear A* jeans with my boots and have no problems works out well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I also wear jeans with my SMX boots for now, but I have some A* track pants on the way. Once they come in I will NEVER ride without track pants again.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definatly get full length boots. If you ever need them, you'll be thankful that you did. I also have A* SMX's, and they're fantastic. I rarely ride in jeans anymore, but when I used to they fit just fine underneath. I would recommend getting some long socks though. They can chafe if you don't.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Definatly get full length boots. If you ever need them, you'll be thankful that you did. I also have A* SMX's, and they're fantastic. I rarely ride in jeans anymore, but when I used to they fit just fine underneath. I would recommend getting some long socks though. They can chafe if you don't.
I wear ankle socks and jeans with my boots most of the time and don't ever get chaffing. Try putting them on tighter to prevent friction from occurring; it's safer to do so, too.

When I crashed last week I didn't have my boots tight enough so my foot slid up into the boot leg a little and caused me to sprain my tibia. The way I see it is - gear isn't worth wearing if it's not worn properly. :p

I'll take a picture of what happened to my boot when I went down to show you why it's important to wear full-length boots.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here's some aftermath pics of my gear after I crashed going about 30-35 in a turn last week on GMR downhill.

As you can see I won't be riding in jeans anymore as soon as my a* track pants come in - denim tears like tissue paper when it meets the pavement. I'd show you pics of the gloves I was wearing but they're in the trash since the palm on one glove completely shredded off. Thank goodness I was wearing all my other gear and was able to ride back home or I'd probably still be in the hospital as of today. The road rash was minimal and I believe it was my jacket that peeled my skin a little; it's pretty much healed now, though. The worst part was my tibia; had I not been wearing my full-length boots my ankle would DEFINITELY be broken right now. It was also nice that my helmet didn't touch the ground because I'd hate to replace an Arai. :buzzsaw:

Basically, what I'm trying to say is - wear GOOD, FULL-LENGTH gear and it will save your ass in the long run. Gear is cheaper than hospital bills. I really hope this persuades you to purchase full-length boots.

edit - I will also be purchasing a spine protector ASAP.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wear ankle socks and jeans with my boots most of the time and don't ever get chaffing. Try putting them on tighter to prevent friction from occurring; it's safer to do so, too.

When I crashed last week I didn't have my boots tight enough so my foot slid up into the boot leg a little and caused me to sprain my tibia. The way I see it is - gear isn't worth wearing if it's not worn properly. :p

I'll take a picture of what happened to my boot when I went down to show you why it's important to wear full-length boots.
I wear them pretty tight already. There's just a bit of a sharp edge on mine that chafes a bit if I"m not wearing long socks.

Most of the time I have my leathers on, so it becomes a non-issue.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wear them pretty tight already. There's just a bit of a sharp edge on mine that chafes a bit if I"m not wearing long socks.

Most of the time I have my leathers on, so it becomes a non-issue.
Are you wearing your pants over the boots? I wear mine tucked in to help prevent my pant leg sliding up on me in case of a crash.

·
Registered
734 Posts

David, pm sent.
They are fine...every time I go out, draggin jeans, with full size sidi's underneath.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you wearing your pants over the boots? I wear mine tucked in to help prevent my pant leg sliding up on me in case of a crash.
I always tuck my pants into my boots too. Why wouldn't you do it this way? I do it this way for fear that something may snag the bottom of the pants leg and start ripping it or pulling the lower half of my body in bad ways rather than where momentum is taking it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts