Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone in mass paint?

729 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PostaL cm 
#1 ·
Ok heres the deal, I've looked for quotes on painting my bike and I cant find a single person with a decent price. If anyone on here knows of anyone who is good at painting, could you help me out. I live right outside worcester. all I want is a single color and I have the paint I just dont have the means to do it. its a 2002 zx6r. Its pretty much seven pieces tank, fairings, cowl.

#4 ·
Yeah everyone still charges up the ass even if its off the bike. I think Tim Preston is going to be PMed. Unless I can work something out with a friend of mine.

What sucks the most is its sitting all apart in my garage waiting for paint and its nice outside. I'm pissed I cant ride it.

#5 ·
So yea, I've decided im doing it myself everything has been sanded, wet sanded and is ready for primer and final sanding. This weekend I'm painting and should have some pictures up. I'm painting it a GM color (Artic White), and keeping the green wheels, wish me luck. I figure I'll feel better about it in the end because i did it.

#6 ·
That's the only way to go. I'm painting my bike this next week (once I get the ZX6R tail on my ZX6E). It's pretty easy once you get the settings on the gun adjusted properly. Also, don't cheap out on the clear coat if you want it to last!!! I used Dupont and had EXCELLENT results. I painted my car and my guitar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.