Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 06 zx6r and I was wondering does anyone leave their bike stock? I mean as far as perfromance? I can see myself buying stuff for the bike that make it look better. I just dont understand why people spend thousands of dollars to raise the hp not that much. I look at it like this if I wanted a faster bike I would have bought one. I was just wondering if their was anyone out there like myself. I'm not trying to be an ass and I love this forum I was just asking!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ok, you'll buy stuff to make it look better, which is understandable. Now what if you want it to sound better, then you go out and buy an exhaust. What if you want it to run smoother, then you go buy a PC. It's all about making a bike yours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you but whats wrong with the stock exhaust? I like the way it sounds. And I didnt say i am going to buy stuff to make it look better, I said I could understand doing that.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
yeah, i feel the same way, why drop all that $$$ into a bike to gain a couple of bhp? Unless your racing for .0034 of a second it's kind of a waste.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When i bought my 05 zx-6r i was planning on just leaving it stock as well. Compared to the '93 ex500 i was switching from, the 636 looked damn sweet. Then i started noticing things that would make the bike look cleaner. i never noticed them before, but after having a few friends point it out and then seeing how some other bikes looked, i felt the same way. First i got rid of all that stuff on the back and cleaned it up with berja's FE kit and got an integrated tail light. I also got some euro front signals. the bike looks a lot cleaner now to me. as a result of doing that stuff though, i feel like i need to do more to make it complete. as a result of eliminating the fender, i get a lot of dirt in the undertail and the shock. so i want to get a rear hugger to help that out. but +$100 for a hugger is also a lot. also, the stock exhaust looks like sh*t with bolts sticking out. i'm probably just going to dremel the bolts down and paint the whole thing black. but i wanted to get a new exhaust for the looks and the improved sound. don't have $300 to spend for that though, so i'm holding out. and if i were to get a new exhaust, i would want a power commander to make sure the new exhaust runs smooth. so i have a long way to go and a lot of money to spend if i were to "complete" all the things i want to do. Mods never end, and at least for me, once you get started...it's like you get stuck going down a road and you have to just keep going.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn once u popped u couldnt stop. I just like the look of the bike and the sound of the exhaust so I'm happy with that apperantly others aren't. Dont u run into more problems changing everything.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
with me its all about personalization.i couldnt stand having the same exact looking,sounding,performing bike as 10,000 other guys so i made my bike the way i want it.do whatever makes you happy though and dont worry about what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Originally posted by haskellasbill
I am going to stay stock!
Good luck with that bro....I don't see it happening. I HATED seeing my bike drive by with someone else on it, or stopin by the local hotspot for bikes (and cars for that matter) and seein 4-5 more bikes JUST like mine.....hence all the mods. Now it's really MINE!!![8D]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is pseudo-stock :) I removed the reflectors and all badges/stickers except for "636" - and some guy on MySpace told me I have an awesome ZX10 [8D], funny part about that is the pic he saw still had the badges, and it clearly said "ZX-6R" haha.

Other than that, I've also cut down the mud flap on the back, right below the plate mount. Swapped rider pegs to cylindrical ones. Bought a brand new tail on E-Bay, and I'm re-doing the LED's in it to have red and blue (my bike is blue), than I'll smoke the lense. Got some universal flush-mount turns that I'll be putting on the back, and I'll custom-make an FE to hold the plate. After that will be changing the front signals to blue Euro-spec units, maybe a pipe eventually. I'm un-decided on the pipe b/c I like how quiet it is stock b/c I don't wake neighbors up at night. Oh yea, I need to get a blue or smoke screen on the front (6' or so, stock is in my way).

STOCK SUCKS!!! [}:)]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Gix1k
No one stays stock.
Partly because parts are hard to come by and very expensive in Mexico and partly because I am lazy, my 05 is completely bone stock just the same as the day it was assembled from the packing crate.
I must say I'm tempted to get a fender eliminator but I fear that will be the start of a long list of mods so I'm resisting.
The only mod I've done is a little green kawasaki keychain thingie... :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by haskellasbill
I was going to do the fender eliminator but like the other guy once you start you cant stop.
Don't touch your reflectors!!! [xx(] That's where I started [:M14] < Bowing to the Mod G*ds haha

·
Registered
131 Posts
The only mod I'm making is the windscreen, and possibly professional suspension setup this spring. Here in NOVA, cops aren't very nice to bikers. Plus, I have to pay for law school. You can see how mods aren't a viable option. Were I rich, I'd get an Akra/PCIII/K&N for sound, maybe some magnesium/carbon wheels, flushmounts...that's about it though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I recently removed my ZeroGravity DoubleBubble 'cause i think the stock screen looks better..

Although an Akra WILL be added in the future, cause i want my baby to SCREAM, literally... And Euro(OEM0like) signals.

then i will be done..

-O

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.