Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one off ebay, but there is a problem, it is a slip-on, not a bolt-on....oops.... what I would like to know, is are the endcaps removable? I have been in contact with the US distributor... he doesn't seem to get what I was asking, so I am going to call them directly. If the endcaps are removable, I should be able to (if they will sell me one) just purchase the correct endcap swap it for what is there and rereivet everything back together, hopefully

·
Registered
187 Posts
You could search around the forums or eBay for a set of exhaust headers for your bike that someone took off to put on a complete system. That way you could cut off the flange and make the slip-on fit the stock header, and you'll have an extra pipe in case you want to put it back stock. No sense messin' up a perfectly good can.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have thought about that. I also have priced Hindle headers. I'd like to stay with the stock header though, so I do not have to rejet. Maybe down the road... I have been in contact with both the US distributor and Blueflame in England. The slip-on and bolt-on have different internals, so the endcap swappy thing is out. I then asked about maybe just switching the sleeves, they said this can be done, but it must be done by them for warranty reasons. I am waiting back now on a price quote to do this, and to find out if I have to buy another can as a donor, which means I will have a stainless steel '02-'03 R1 can to ebay off. I guess when my can arrives, I will take a look and see what I can come up with.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Jealous,

I have a blue flame titanium dual port race can on my 2000 6R and for my part it stopped the 4k flat spot and the 120mph restriction that my bike suffered with previously and i must say the tone of the exhaust is lovely :). If you can do something about it then do so as you wont regret it.

Russ

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, when i saw you came back, I had a feeling you'd find this post! Yeah actually I saw a pic of your bike on here, and then went searching for what kinda can it was, as I couldn't make out the logo on it. It is friggin' snowing here, so I may pull the factory can and take a look see today at some point.... get a better idea of what I can do. My cousin said he could possibly make some kind of adapter for me, so I have been working on that idea as well.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think those will be good, thanks man! I still have no idea what I want to do, damn you for posting pics of your bike!!!!:D . Like I said in another post I know I could get a bolt-on at my dealership dirt cheap, but I love the idea of being able to tune my exhaust like these cans offer. Hmmmm... and the Ti cans look good on silver... but I have always liked carbon shit for some reason [:p].

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
i would imagine there is a way even if it means using the flange from an OEM can to weld to the blue flame (there aint much guts in em to worry about) would be nice to see if you do manage something.

Russ

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was just at the dealership, they have an aluminum Two Brothers C2 they were going to give me for $200, that I was thinking about having powder coated flat black and getting the M2 conversion kit for it but..... I think, actually know I am going to wind up getting the Ti Blue flame EVO3 :D I was thinking about getting a reducer coupling and using that but that is going to look like sh!t, so.... I may hold onto this one, get the Ti, and compare the two, now I a curious just how different they are, lol

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
There is a blue flame can exactly like mine (new) on ebay.co.uk going at the moment it might be worth keeping an eye on that. It doesnt have the flame logo sticker but blue flame will send you that no problem (i got a couple for mine free). They are not road legal and on the underside of the tip it has NOT FOR ROAD USE stamped on it. however a drill turn the band over and bend it (soft metal) into the inverse and 6 rivets later sorted that little problem :)

Russ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.