Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone rejetted their 1998 model? I;m running a yoshi RS3 but NO jet kit,seems to be running ok ,but a bit rough down low.how about a different air filter,or a ignition advancer.I'd like to know what the difference is ,is it worth all the money {there bloody expensive here in Australia the jet kits that is .$400 Aust fitted}[8D][:M121]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I used a dynojet kit on my '98. Originally, I had a setup that was rough down low but had a wailing top end, but once I got the kit dialed it was smooth from bottom to top. Sorry, been so long now I forget the needle/jet sizings... I'm sure I posted here once upon a time if you wanna run a search, but I had a D&D bolt-on can and the kit, and yes, I believe it was worth it in my case, although it didn't cost me $400 that's for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am running a k&n filter, full system with a Yosh RS3 can, ignition advancer and dynojet kit. It is definiately worth it! I am running a 520 X-ring chain and Renthal sprockets as well (15/43) which has made an extra differance!. I still have the dynojet specsheet should you need to know what dynojet jets to run,just remember that the dynojet numbers are different form normal sizes as it measures flow rates and not size per say.

Regs
DEON CILLIERS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx lads,your knowledge is much appreciated.I'm going to try to buy the goodies over the net probablyfrom the grand old U S of A ,so any recomendations who to try for the best prices?Also on the 98 ,changing the gearing ,does this effect your speedo? and whats the deal with a 520 chain from a stock item , and does anyone know of any air box mods?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You will probably have better luck with a Factory Pro or Ivan's kit. Leave the airbox alone if you want the bike to run right. You can get by with taking out the screen.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There's a LOT of people swearing by Ivan's kits these days, fewer and fewer by the Dynojet kits it seems. Now we just need Ivan's to get into EFI tuning systems to give Dynojet some competition besides the Techlusions TFI box (ack) and the Yosh system (which by the way is MADE by the folks at Dynojet for Yosh... sigh...)

Ivan's worked with the owner of the older gen ZX6R in the Sportrider feature "new vs. old" (October '03) and got great results out of the 2000... (and note that Ivan's recommended an Akrapovic exhaust to get the best gains ;)... it's great spending other people's money...)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I changed the gearing on my '98. I went down one in the front. It makes the speedo read a little faster than you are actually going.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 520 chain is lighter and therefore in theory should give you less resistance. On the 520 chain conversion I ran a 14/40 ratio, but found that the chain wear was very high. I am now running a 15/43 ratio which has given me a longer chain life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.