Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 03 636 It comes with a plastic peice that goes about an inch over the rear tire. I was sondering if the bike looks better without this black plastic peice? Maybe cleaner look, like some pics ive seen of ducati's. I love the gap between the rear wheel and the rear taillight i dont want anything to be inbetween it. Also if anyone did this does the rear tail get much more dirty than if you had it on?

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
if your talking about the mudgard/inner fender, it can be removed. 03zx6rchick and a few others have already done this. she has pix of the bike without it. go look for it:)

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
oh here it is....is this what you where asking for?

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2171

Vin:"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time"
Arturo:Hahahahhaha...Why?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I removed mine off my '02 using a dremmel, then used a low heat torch to melt the plastic and smooth the edges. It looks pretty good, the only problem I have with it is I ride year round here in Denver and when it rains I would get socked by the back tyre kicking up water.

To solve that I make a stainless steel fender painted gloss black with rustolem paint that attaches to the underside of the little trunk under the back seat using 2 wingnuts/bolts for easy removal in good weather.

Good luck...

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.
-Douglas Adams

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
it sounds like he means the rear hugger?? I'd leave it on, most people end up buying an aftermarket hugger if their bike does not come with one.

On the green and black bikes the hugger matches the bike colour, but the others I've heard it's just black?

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sorry, thats what I ment the rear hugger. Not that ugly plastic plate holder that came off the first hour I had my bike. I have my 636 in Silver and the hugger came in black. Anyone take it off? I thought it might look a little less cluttered down there with it off.

With great freedom, comes great responsibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.