Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LOST HIS RIDE
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season i had a partial detached retina in my left eye,not my dominant eye fortunately.

Imagine a small bug behind your faceshield that keeps flying around in front of your face. Just a little distracting to say the least.

The doctor says it should clear up on it's own,(he doesn't want to operate),couldn't happen soon enough for me.

I still ride,just don't push it like i used to. :(

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
be careful. i know riding is awesome, but it wouldnt be awesome if your vision prob ended you up dead (does that make sense?) if you find it to be a problem, take a bit of time off and heal up.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I didn't find out about my night vision problems until one night in Iraq, me and my buddy were pulling security on a roof top. He pointed something out about the barriers across the road, and I'm just looking and looking and couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Then he mentioned like the dark line between each barrier, because there's a row of concrete barriers and when you put two things against each other, it creates like a dark line between them. To me it was just one big blur of concrete, I had no idea it was many slabs of them put together, because I couldn't see the lines that separated them. He said he could see the lines, as good as day, but I couldn't even see them!

After that I realized I cannot see fine details at night and when it gets too dark, I see blue and red dots everywhere on every dark spot.

·
Registered
588 Posts
hehehe yep. ....I have a scar on my cornea of my right eye ...its my dominant eye. ....and I use glasses. .....and the lights from oncoming traffic bothers me a bit too much at night. .....

the scar on my cornea just makes things blurry. ..when I'm not wearing glasses its pretty much the same .....

other than that I see fine with my "good" eye :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
yeah my eye was fuuuucked i think i got a pic somewhere i took with my cell phone at the time.... u couldnt even tell the color of my eye cuz it was just all pus.....

they were saying it was possibility that i could lose my eye....my head hurt like 5 mother fkrs i couldnt think or drive...my friend dropped me off n told me to call him when i got out of the emergency room...i waited all night at that fkn place n i cried like a bitch after they told me that

good news is....i got both these pretty brown mother fkrs in my sockets still :D .....cant see clear as b4 but i dont care.....its better than a glass one i cant see with

edit......
alright found the pic of when i was fkd up

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I've had a lazy eye since birth - good peripheral vision but unable to focus. I can't play ball games well because of poor depth perception at distances closer than about 10 feet, but that isn't a problem on a bike.

As I've got older I've suffered the general loss of ability to focus closely. It's awkward having good distance vision but not being able to read the speedo, but if you put your reading glasses on to read the speedo you can't see the road.

I've started wearing varifocals to get around the problem. Never had any issues with night or colour vision. Never felt any need for extra bright lights or anything like that.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts