Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my swingarm spool sliders today and installed them, the left side slider has a longer bolt and spacer, why is this? I think I'm going to remove the spacer and cut down the bolt.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Generally they don't work... they'll just break off the whole bung from the swingarm when they hit the ground.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
don't you need them to jack up your bike for the most part?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
well, if they save beating up the swingarm then why not getem. i got mine and guarantee they will work.
The mount will break off after it hits the ground. Then it will scratch up the swing arm. Oh yeah if it was a good spot weld it will rip a little hole in the swing arm...

If your going to use the slider to pick up the bike with a stand make sure you install the spacer and the longer bolt it's made like that for a reason....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone noticed any reduced lean angle? That was another thing the guy at the shop brought up, he said most people just end up tossing them because you can 't lean the bike over as far.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i think if you're doing tracks, then you'd go with smaller spools or no spools. however, thats a pretty far lean.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i haven't noticed any reduced lean angle, but then again i've yet to hit a track. as far as your spacing, i haven't had any prob'z with mine, you might have your incorr'. installed. i'd use 'em!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I made a set out of Delrin and I had to make them differently. The swingarm is not symmetric and the threaded bungs are also welded in different places. The spacer and longer bolt are for the side that the bungs are farther underneath the swingarm. On my '01 that was the drivers side (left as sitting on the bike).

Regarding lean angle, I think my clip-ons would hit before the spool/sliders. I guess it depends on how long they are and what diameter.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by Nemesis519
Anyone noticed any reduced lean angle? That was another thing the guy at the shop brought up, he said most people just end up tossing them because you can 't lean the bike over as far.
unless they are absurdly long i can't see that happening, race bikes have spools, why don't they hit to early?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
u gotta be kidding me? draggin spools? wouldn't your pegs hit first

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe it's the peg in the video. Sweet video! I wish I could go around a turn at 120 breaking the rear wheel lose.

·
Registered
373 Posts
dragged my knee just fine at the track with the spools..

and i crashed 2x with them and they worked great, swingarm and rim came out unscathed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.