Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
no you wont have to cut the fairing... but you have to cut the under tray and remove the stock taillight. it looks like it would fit like shit... but its your money lol.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
My windscreen is made by the same company...decent quality. That's a slick looking tail, though I'm not a big fan of tiny little turn signals...but that's just me.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have been looking at the same undertail. if it dont look like its for your bike, then its probably just the picture they put up. they make them for more than one model. the basic design is the same, but model specific. why would they take different picture. its just to give you an idea of the design. its a newer undertail. i think it'll look good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put the undertail on my bike last year, the undertail fits pretty good actually, no fitment issues. I did have to cut alot of the undertray out though. The turn signals are intergrated into the light bar.....its a nice look ill post picks of it if i get a chance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you have a pre 2003 zx6r? yeah please post pics, i just dont see how the back of the undertail would fit against the back of the tail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 98 6r and the only thing you need to do is cut the back tail where it comes to a v by the rear lights.....when i get home tonight I'll take some pics if its not to dark

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was looking for an undertail and my buddy has 231973bikes's dual round light model on his 9R and it fits really good, color matches great, but like any other undertail you are going to spend some time with the dremel, hack saw, jig saw, or whatever on the undertray to get all the extra plastic outa the way. I e-mailed a few people who bought this model and this is what they had to say,

"hey sorry if its too late but the undertail looks great on the bike
and works great. however you will have to cut almost all of the
stock trunk and it was a task i wouldnt undertake if you have
never done one before but it is functional and looks great and i
can send you a picture of it tomorrow because it wasnt my bike
i installed it on but if you want i can get one to you later"

"Jake i have a 2007 ZZR 600 and it fits well. i wish i would have got the
one with two lights though. The lights do blink a little fast but not to
fast. I think the speed is ok. The light is not that bright its ok. but
my recomendation would be to go for the under tail that has two big round
lights. You will kno what i mean when you see it. Are bikes are the same
bike the 09 - 02 zxr is the same bike as the 06 - 08 zzr. If you have any
more questions let me know."

I have always wanted to try fiberglassing, so I went out and got some pink foam to make a mold, and some resin and mat from the auto store and gave it a go. It was defiantly a good learning experience, and in the end I probably spent $75 bucks on something that I will replace when I paint my bike, but it was still fun! Sorry for the filthy bike, I still haven't had time to clean it after my 4700 mile trip to CA and back.

edit - here is a picture of my friend's 9R on HWY1 in CA. That is one of the most awesome roads that I have ever ridden on.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
where are the turn signals on it?
as mentioned in another post, the turn signals are integrated into the brake light...I'm not a big fan of that. My philosophy is to assume the guy behind me is the biggest idiot in the world and so a separate flashing light is needed to get his attention....also the reason i flash my brake light a few times for actually applying the brakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts