Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying an 02 ZX9r with a 6" Stretch and lowered 2 or so inches.

Anyone here got one like that that can tell me how you feel about the handling? I am going to ride it in a couple days but I am looking for a heads up. I am ok in the twisties, not that we have a lot around here but I do enjoy them. I don't want to completely lose the ability.

Nate

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can check pics of mine in the post a few below this one. I am not a crazy rider but I can wear out the chicken strips even with it stretched. At first it felt weird, but 6" isn't that much and I have no problem getting low in a turn. The only major difference is slow tight turns are harder

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have an 01 with a 6 inch stretch and a 4 inch lowering link. it launches like a champ but it handles worth a sh*t. i kinda like it .

·
Registered
196 Posts
hey kawikoke, do you have any side shots with the hugger? I was wondering what one looks like with a stretch. What did you end up doing about the left side passenger peg? I have an 03 arm + shock waiting to go on, but I need the passenger pegs and some sort of hugger or chainguard

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am to low for a hugger tried it but all it did was rub. as for the passenger peg believe it or not i took two 11 mm sockets drilled the center out and lengthened the bolts worked well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am to low for a hugger tried it but all it did was rub. as for the passenger peg believe it or not i took two 11 mm sockets drilled the center out and lengthened the bolts worked well. i will take pic tomorrow and post for you. still work in progress and needs paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
if it's only lowered a couple it shouldn't be too bad.. i imagine it's more than 2 though. my girl rides a 6 with 6" inches on it and to make the bike level it took 3" and it handles like s**t. my 9 is stock length and i am definately gonna keep it that way. her plastics drag in tighter turns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts