1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I use bungee nets a lot. I've got a givi case but whatever doesn't fit in that I'll bungee it to the rear seat. Just the other day I used 2 bungee nets and a couple bungee ropes to bring an 80 lb motorcycle jack home!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use bungee nets a lot. I've got a givi case but whatever doesn't fit in that I'll bungee it to the rear seat. Just the other day I used 2 bungee nets and a couple bungee ropes to bring an 80 lb motorcycle jack home!

LOL haha so I guess I will get one.

I usually hate riding with a backpack in summer, since it covers my shoulder vents on jacket. Now it is colder here, so might not need it for now. Would come in handy when I have heavy loads in backpacj and don't want to strain my back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
get a tank bag

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i have a bell net that i got at walmart. i used it alot when i would travel back and forth between south carolina and georgia. i had a pretty big back pack that i used to wear and i got tired of wearing it so i used my net to hold it to the seat and never had any probs. i would constanlty check and make sure it was still there. it would feel like it was sliding off the side but it wouldnt

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
i have a bell net that i got at walmart. i used it alot when i would travel back and forth between south carolina and georgia. i had a pretty big back pack that i used to wear and i got tired of wearing it so i used my net to hold it to the seat and never had any probs. i would constanlty check and make sure it was still there. it would feel like it was sliding off the side but it wouldnt
Its almost if the net was made out of some bungy-like material!

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what both my brother and I use:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/track_ga...bike_master/motorcycle_stretch_cargo_net.html

I love it. Its only 13in X 13in but it stretches a looooong way! I use it for my duffle bag to strap to the tail on long trips back to see family. And its folds up small enough to put under the seat so you can have it whenever.
Thank you sir! Will place an order today. That is the one I was looking at originally and lost the link.

Can you post a picture of it in use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thank you sir! Will place an order today. That is the one I was looking at originally and lost the link.

Thanks!

yes, please post pics. i,too, ride with a regular jansport bookbag. high five man!

·
Registered
692 Posts

Thanks!
Yeah man I can do that. It might be later tonight though.

My 250 had all kinds of places to hook things when it had the rear fender. But without it there is fewer places to hook the net but it still holds well.

Reactions: SushiMe

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, please post pics. i,too, ride with a regular jansport bookbag. high five man!

Hellz yea high five! Jansport FTW!

I use a bungee every day almost. I put my laptop bag under it.
Only time anything ever fell out was when I had my crash and the bungee shredded as it slid on that down the road. Laptop bag went flying, but laptop was OK :)
Damn well glad to hear you and your laptop made it out ok.

Yeah man I can do that. It might be later tonight though.

My 250 had all kinds of places to hook things when it had the rear fender. But without it there is fewer places to hook the net but it still holds well.
Yes I was wondering where they hook up and worried about the metal scratching paint. I will coat them the hooks with plastic :D.

PS if you ride with a backpack, make sure to put some reflective stuff. Here is a picture of mine with black reflective tape. Also notice my helmet, which I put some on. With no light shined it is black, with light it reflects WHITE! I took a picture with flash to show it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The hooks on those are covered in a rubberish plastic and the tips have caps (that do come off if you try but otherwise stay on). So no metal or sharp anything rubbing. Use mine all the time and never seen a scratch from it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what about scuffs/scratches on the tail section? as its rubbing/vibrating around?

Yea thats why I plan to use some red plastic dip on my tips. Just to give them more protection. Otherwise might cover them with something else.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
The hooks on those are covered in a rubberish plastic and the tips have caps (that do come off if you try but otherwise stay on). So no metal or sharp anything rubbing. Use mine all the time and never seen a scratch from it.
Yea thats why I plan to use some red plastic dip on my tips. Just to give them more protection. Otherwise might cover them with something else.
well, i figured the tips/ends were covered. i was more thinking the netting itself. anywhere it might touch the bike...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I hook mine under the seat itself, so nothing touches the paint on the bike at all.

I take off seat, put three hooks on, with them hooking onto the plastic rim of the tail, which is normally covered by the seat.
Put seat on loosely, don't lock in place
Fold net over seat and insert hooks through gap between seat and tail, hook them to tail as before.
Lock seat in place.

It's worked for me for 5 years. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts