Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a Vendor per se so I didn't put it in the Vendor forum.

Anyone use the heated vests/pants/gloves/jackets from the company WarmGear? You can buy it off of www.cozywinters.com. Not trying to sell the website, just using it as a reference but mods feel free to remove it if its against the rules.

It's that time of year again (altho this is my first winter) to start buying winter gear. Unless it's snowing outside, I have no interest in getting back in my cage. So....I'm lookin at some cold weather gear options.

WarmGear looks pretty sweet...they sell vests, jackets, etc. and they all plug right into each other so you only have to plug into your battery once. And you can control the temp for all of them really easily.

I guess normally I'd just bundle up but I have some long rides planned for the winter (Jersey to Orlando) and I wanna try out some heated stuff. Just wondering if anyone else has used them and what their experience was.

Or if you have your own heated gear that you like, what do you use? Thanks.

edit: O and this is meant to be a thread for those of us who live in areas that experience cold weather. Ya'll from Texas, Florida and California can keep your mouth shut [:p]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
soooo.. did you get a job with WarmGear? :D
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no im just looking for some input....i have like NO money left and I don't wanna spend $300 on products that turn out to be shitty :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
lol no im just looking for some input....i have like NO money left and I don't wanna spend $300 on products that turn out to be shitty :D
I hear that!

I'm just going to try and bundle up for a while.. I don't ride to work daily, unfortunately, but I do want to ride more often in the cold (BRRRRRRR!!!) weather. It's easier for me to justify going to work shivering and not dripping sweat in business casual attire all day. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
That is pretty interesting. If you had a clean hidden mount for it so you didnt even notice the cables were there, it would be awesome. I guess you couldnt beat it if you are commuting in the cold. I may look into this as I will be commuting 40 miles in the Pacific northwest... GOnna be cold at 4-5 am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,279 Posts
you could put a mount under the passanger seat cowl, and put a hook up there. for a heated vest, then no one would see it, unless you were hooked in. and get and sue connectors like they use on rc cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
Just buy Gerbing and be done with it. Great quality and service, and all the accessories you'll ever need. My advice is don't buy heated gear, but get the heated UNDER gear and use your own pants and jacket. Much cheaper and won't get runied if you have a little slip in the rain or snow. The only exception is gloves. No one has a decent way of heating hands without waving the elements directly into a glove.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
I say screw that. Too much snow where I live in the winter. And.... SAND!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by -gary
Just buy Gerbing and be done with it. Great quality and service, and all the accessories you'll ever need. My advice is don't buy heated gear, but get the heated UNDER gear and use your own pants and jacket. Much cheaper and won't get runied if you have a little slip in the rain or snow. The only exception is gloves. No one has a decent way of heating hands without waving the elements directly into a glove.
Pfft, you live in Phoenix.. You don't need to be concerned about heated gear. [:p]

Speaking of which, what's the temperature there right about now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
I lived in Denver for the last 6 years and once rode from Denver to Wichita in 8 hours through a snow storm. Got pneumonia from that one. I've done plenty of riding when it's icy out. My house only saw about 45 non-freezing days per year.
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by -gary
Just buy Gerbing and be done with it. Great quality and service, and all the accessories you'll ever need. My advice is don't buy heated gear, but get the heated UNDER gear and use your own pants and jacket. Much cheaper and won't get runied if you have a little slip in the rain or snow. The only exception is gloves. No one has a decent way of heating hands without waving the elements directly into a glove.
Looks like WarmGear is the same stuff but cheaper.

They have jacket liners, pant liners and a heated vest. I would never get heated gear - like the jacket itself heated. I crash too often to wear stuff like that...

Any idea why Gerbing is like $100 more expensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon



Looks like WarmGear is the same stuff but cheaper.

They have jacket liners, pant liners and a heated vest. I would never get heated gear - like the jacket itself heated. I crash too often to wear stuff like that...

Any idea why Gerbing is like $100 more expensive?
Like I said, quality, service and accessories.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top