Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think the general thought is that the aluminum sprockets dont last any where as long as something steel would.

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
Seriously,
if you looke your sitting at $48 for a NON hard coated sprocket....$68 for the hard anodizing which is a must on a street bike..then who is this company has to be your next question?

driven, afam and renthal all offer good aluminum sprockets hard anodized for less.
the Stealth Supersprox for about $70 is going to last longer than all of them and looks trick as well...its what i used as stell ring with aluminum center is the best for longevity and headache free use.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I recently purchased a Driven -1/+2 for my ZZR600. The kit looks awesome and it spins up way faster. Steel front sprocket, hard anodized rear, and x-ring chain (520 conversion kit). Check out motomummy.com for this set. Free and fast shipping and they have whatever gear ratio you want. Literally ordered my kit and got it 3 or 4 days later. The black sprocket against my silver wheel with the black and gold chain really looks noticeably better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously,
if you looke your sitting at $48 for a NON hard coated sprocket....$68 for the hard anodizing which is a must on a street bike..then who is this company has to be your next question?

driven, afam and renthal all offer good aluminum sprockets hard anodized for less.
the Stealth Supersprox for about $70 is going to last longer than all of them and looks trick as well...its what i used as stell ring with aluminum center is the best for longevity and headache free use.
any links for these ?? also can i use the chain i have now? and lastly should i go +3 or +2 for the rear ?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
just get a new chain and stop tryin to cut corners. It will only be more expensive in the end tryin to get cheap parts.

I use sprocketcenter.com and they are good people.
Buy a new chain and sprockets that are steel and name brand I say go +3.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i would buy the whole kit(chain, front, rear) if i were you.
i would recommend going with some sort of steel sprocket if your a street rider. i have a supersprox that im going to put on today.
the sprocket im taking off is a driven hard anodized aluminum and it only lasted me for a year. it has a little bit of life left on it but it wore down way too quick.

depending on how you ride will depend on the teeth. +2 will get the job done, if it was me i would go with the +3 and stock 15 front

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
Sprocket center is who i normally use as well for all my chain/sprocket related purchases.
Good people and will take care fo you and answer the phone and email...

I am a huge +2 rear sprocket fan myself...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
i still say -1+2, its not nearly as aggressive as some of these people try and make it to be. to me its not worth it to do unless you go all out. +2 is just a small sample. that guy on the -1+2 bike will walk the +2 guy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the good comments. We do our best to stock a shitton of sprockets/chains. Also check out the drive systems superlight steel chain kits. They are actually one ounce less weight then a supersprox/stealth and it's a 1 piece steel. They don't look at trick as the stealth though...

QUOTE=larryj80;1959680]I recently purchased a Driven -1/+2 for my ZZR600. The kit looks awesome and it spins up way faster. Steel front sprocket, hard anodized rear, and x-ring chain (520 conversion kit). Check out motomummy.com for this set. Free and fast shipping and they have whatever gear ratio you want. Literally ordered my kit and got it 3 or 4 days later. The black sprocket against my silver wheel with the black and gold chain really looks noticeably better.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
259 Posts
i still say -1+2, its not nearly as aggressive as some of these people try and make it to be. to me its not worth it to do unless you go all out. +2 is just a small sample. that guy on the -1+2 bike will walk the +2 guy
Not at the track. You'll get the jump on me coming out of the corner, and start to pull but I'll reel you back in by drafting you and pass you with top end speed before the next corner, lol. I do it time and time again.

But I dug this post out because I'm thinking of going +2 in the rear. I current have been tracking with stock sprockets 15/43. I want just a bit more so I can at least put up a fight coming out of corners...

My question is: If I go +2 in the rear, will I need a longer chain? How many links since stock is 110 links?

Watch at 9:06 to 9:36 and then again at 11:00 to 11:29 is what I'm talking about. The guy filming has a gsxr-600 with +2 in the rear. We've been doing track days for 2 years and he just did this mod, and now is able to jump the gun on me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts