Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into this bike stand but I do not know much about it. I like the idea of not using any tie downs. I've never been a big fan of compressing the suspension or twisting grips during the drive.
I was wondering if I can load and unload my bike off my trailer (trailer has a ride up gate) by myself? and what is the process of getting the rod thru the axle and then elevating the rear wheel?

Pics would be great if you guys have some. Thanks

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by AR636RYDER
I'm looking into this bike stand but I do not know much about it. I like the idea of not using any tie downs. I've never been a big fan of compressing the suspension or twisting grips during the drive.
I was wondering if I can load and unload my bike off my trailer (trailer has a ride up gate) by myself? and what is the process of getting the rod thru the axle and then elevating the rear wheel?

Pics would be great if you guys have some. Thanks
I like the Canyon Dancer. [email protected]
It's easy on the grips and you don't have to compress the forks nearly as much as with regular tie downs.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i would actually like to compress the forks and know that the bike itsnt going anywhere... the link posted in the second site doesnt look all that bad but it looks like the bike might move out of the straps...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was thinking about this. If you can fit a rod through the rear axle, why couldn't you just thread a tie-down strap through there and use that to hold the back end in place? With a wheel chock in the front with two tie downs to the lower fork sliders, I'd think that would do it.#13;#10;#13;#10;I've always been a bit leery of the Canyon Dancer. It seems like a good way to screw up your throttle grip.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I used the Canyon Dancer when I took my bike to Laguna Seca. Not one problem at all. Works great.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get quite nervous trailering bikes and I usually stop a few times just to check on the straps. I like the idea of the bike not being able to move or bounce around with the strapless bike stand. And we can them a bit closer so it may be possible to haul another bike. I've got a 5x10 trailer and I'm trying to see if we can get 2 bikes on the outside forward, and one int he middle backwards.
Anyway, I would just like to eliminate the tie downs if possible.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You do not want to use a low tie point to tie a bike in place. tHe higher the attachment point the more secure the bike will be.

If you were to use soemthing thru the front and rear axles the bike would still be able to topple over due to the top of the bike not being secured.

I use canyon dancers, have for three years now with no problems. I was worried about the grip thing as well. Answer to that, get some PVC and cut a piece to go over the grips and slide the Canyon dancer over it. Keeps from twisting the grips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.