Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have personal experiance with an APE cam chain tensioner? I was thinking about getting one, I hate the chain rattle on my bike. The dealer says it's normal but I'm not buying that. Older chain driven car engines don't make this much noise. My bike is low mileage too so it's not engine wear. I just like peace of mind. How easy are they to install?

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are pretty easy to install. Take off the tank. Take out the old one. Put the new one in. Tighten it finger tight till you feel it hit the chain guide. Turn it 1/4-1/2 turn with a wrench and you should be set. If chain rattle still occurs , tighten it little by little with the bike on. Be very careful not to overtighten it as it will cause premature chain wear. I have one laying around almost brand new. Total of maybe 5 miles on it. If you'd like it I can give it to you $40 shipped. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually been to a few stealerships and they all told me the same thing "it's normal, just deal with it". Maybe I'm being too anal about the noise, but I think it could be quieter.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
they all make that noise, i dont even hear it anymore. maybe you need a nice loud d and d pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.