Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where this topic belongs, but this seems good enough. Anyway, I saw this at KawasakiWorld.com (Formerly ZX-12R.org) Click Here.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Need to be a registered member to view that thread.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Dieyumm!!

That's why I hate parking close to other bikes during these events

At least no 999's were hurt :D

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
wow... 2 reasons I speculate that happened. #1 the wind pulled the first bike over because it caught ahold of the bike cover and the subsequent domino effect ensued. #2 This was made easier due to Ducati's notoriously too long kickstand.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
wow... 2 reasons I speculate that happened. #1 the wind pulled the first bike over because it caught ahold of the bike cover and the subsequent domino effect ensued. #2 This was made easier due to Ducati's notoriously too long kickstand.
Uh...Ducati's kickstands are notoriously too short, not too long.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
yeah, they lean WAAAAAAAY over on their sides. i would blame it on that cover acting as a giant sail. how would you explain to the rest of those guys what happened? i would feel AWFUL if my bike set that off.

on a side note, i am also thankful there were no 749/999s involved and that the yellow 748 way in the background remained in one piece! i'm not a huge 1098 fan, but that tricolore is one good looking ride. sucks no matter what though. whether your bike costs 20k or 50 bucks, it's a downer. no pun intended.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I would get a BMW if I was looking in that area?? Although I know nothing about the ST3.

Poor Ducs.

I have a friend that had two, just sold his wife's to get her the new BMW F800ST and I should have jumped on it, but he still has another one. A sport-tourer with Ohlins suspension and all the usually Ducati mods would be sweet.

My next bike will most likely be a BMW. I want some that I cant ride to work everyday and then pick up and ride cross country with with. It will be either a R1200GS, or a K1200s.

I will probably get a K1200s and a used KLR650 though to stay cheaper.

This of course will all happen as soon as I win the lottery.

:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
this was at the moto gp event in indy two weekends ago. i was there. it was a fuggin hurricane. the ducs weren't the only ones to fall victim to the winds. they measured a 62 mph wind gust on the top of the "pagoda" DURING the GP event...crazy effing weekend :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts