Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here ever own an Aprilia? I been looking into one as my next bike but I wont even bother if the maintance is on par with some Duc's that require belt changes, valve checks at 6k etc... I know Aprilia's are probally nowhere near as good as a Kawi in reliablity but at the same time I love the RSV1000'S etc..

·
Registered
997 Posts
I own the Aprilia SXV 450 supermotard and needs servicing evey 30hrs all Aprilia's take abaout 10 mins to warm up even on a hot day and the likes of the RSV's etc i'd have a look thro here for some more info..
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/index.php

·
Registered
306 Posts
i dont but my friend did, and he loved it, my next bike will be an aprilia, the motors are bilt by Rotax, they manufacture airplane engines, and are nearly bulletproof, much better than ducs in terms of maintenance i've been told.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just a FYI....ducati's just need a series of valve adjustments at the 6k service and then again at the 12k and that is when you do change out the belt. Aprila makes some amazing bikes......BUT where are the dealers?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Think of Aprilia motors as the Italian version of a Japanese motor. Very reliable and run forever. Nothing like a high maintenance Ducati at all. My neighbor has an SL1000 Falco, great bike and no issues with around 20k miles on it. I've been considering one myself to use as a commuter bike.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good then. Im seriously considering the RSV1000R as my next bike even though I swore I wanted something comfortable on the lines of sport touring or half naked bike. Here is a pic of the 06 RSV1000R in black-red, what a beauty.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
check the aprillia forum, the worst thing i've herd about them is the nightmare electrical system, esp with the charging system, but this was a few years back and hopefully they got it fixed now.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Oh Oh Oh...it's Ohlins....

--David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.