Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
with all the 2009 zx6r talk, almost forgot this baby's pix got released this weekend :D
biggest suprise weigh in at 190kg (wet) that's lower weight than zx6r's curb weight

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i didn't find it on their site. someone post a link, plz

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,863 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly as hell? How could they go from something as GORGEOUS as the 04-08 RSV to THAT? :puke::puke:

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Race trim is nice, street trim is meh.....I don't care for the lights/nose section, looks like its wearing a mouthguard or something

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Too much glass up front. The 3 light fixtures are a little much for me.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
it looks like someone punched it in the face...

and drop kicked it in the arse.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It's nice but I think they could have made it a way better looking bike. The 04-08's were gorgeous bikes but I still have a soft spot for the original Mille '00-03 (in the US)

Ah, the dream bike:

'00.5 RSV Mille R

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I love aprilia, always have. prob cause I'll never be able to afford one.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
190KG...wet..as in with fuel....? who cares what it looks like...

that said, any of their liter bikes are welcome in my garage. Just the swingarm on a Mille is a work of art I'd put in my living room.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
don't go over the top skywalker. in comparison to all the other liter bikes these days, she's pretty sharp. between the two, i suppose you're right, but all bikes must evolve right?

so long as they're using that tail section in moto gp, it's here to stay. you know what they say...racing improves the breed.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
A lil' more info

Update 19/09/08: Max Biaggi has been confirmed as the Aprilia's World Superbike rider for 2009 and 2010 at a fee reputed to be around £1million. The infamous Roman has won three of his four world titles with Aprilia in the last Millennium, so Aprilia seems a worthy homecoming for his retirement. As Leo Francesco Mercanti, the Piaggio's product development and sporting department said "We are convinced that he will give expression to our passion, technical skill, and desire for victory." Nice.
Update 21/09/08: Aprilia's RSV4 road bike was launched in Piazza del Popola, Rome tonight in a big party. In homage to the original RSV, the RSV4 had a three headlight arrangement, a size zero figure and more than 180bhp in street trim. The engine is as discussed, a 65° 999cc V4 and ride-by-wire with hot switchable multiple engine maps, a cassette gearbox and a slipper clutch. The very compact engine allows for mass centralisation and excellent handling from the long swingarm and short wheel base. Surprisingly, it also comes with adjustable steering angle, swingarm and engine positions. No firm price or availability dates yet, but there was a strong hint that it'll be very close indeed to matching existing RSVR prices.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts