Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping that over the winter I will be able to save up enough money to upgrade my helmet for next season, and hopefully going to make a major upgrade on the next helmet I buy. Right now I just have a few HJC helmets, and they do the job, but I want something lighter that breathes better... and it wouldn't hurt to by a little more stylish either, in the process. It will probably be a while before I can drop a serious chunk of money on a helmet, but I always shop ahead. Where can I find the BIGGEST selection of Arai helmets online? Everyone seems to sell the same shit.. I saw an old friend of mine a few weeks ago and he had a sick Arai helmet that I've never seen before online or in any of the catalogs. I don't necessarily want THAT helmet, but that made me realize they make a lot more helmets than what I've seen online or in the stores. I want somnething different. His was like.. white with carolina blue graphics on it and IIRC there were carolina blue dragons on it--I don't know.. It wasn't the graphics that I was really interested in; Just the fact that now I know there are more helmets out there....

So who has the biggest selection?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked sort of like the quantum okada-3 replica from 2003 but that's not it! I don't see it in the archives

·
Registered
522 Posts
all i have to say is HJC's cant hold a candle to an Arai in terms of comfort or fit. when i bought my bike i figured even one of the more expensive hjc's would suffice. the guy at the dealership at least wanted me to try on an arai. no compariason at all. the hjc seems very cookie cutter and loose. the arai felt like i was wearing a pillow. very nice and fitting and gobs of cushion. also tons lighter. i bit the bullet and got the arai and i couldnt be happier.

you truly get what you pay for

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The thing with Arai is, they change their helmets enough that its hard to keep track of them. Plus, when you shell out $500+ for a helmet, you are going to get your moneys worth out of it and wear it for a longgggg time.

·
Registered
916 Posts
They have even more here overseas!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have Suomy and Shoei helmets and have no complaints on either of them. Decide by fit and not name, I know that Arai's will feel/fit different from the helmets that I already have.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shoei's are uncomfortable to me. I haven't been able to try a NICE Suomy on, but I've tried on their $200 helmet and it wasn't what I expected.

Arai's seem to fit well, but they have different helmets for round heads and different helmets for oval heads. Not quite sure which I am.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Did you try going to dealership and asking for their product catalogue? Or maybe contacting Arai directly and asking for a catalogue?

They've gotta be around somewhere. Of course, they'll probably only have helmets made in the past few years. You may see helmets online (like eBay) that went out of production a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I've been trying on helmets the last couple weeks and the Arai RX7 is super light and has a good feel to me... really worth going to check them out. They're 50% off at my local gear shop at the moment.

·
Registered
439 Posts
When looking at Arai helmets, please realize that they come in several different "head shapes".

They make models for caucasians (more rectangular interior shape) and for Asians (more round interior shape). They also make some intermediate headshapes.

Also note that all the interior pads are available in different sizes to fine tune the fit of the helmet. I usually get the "Asian" head shape (since I'm Asian) and then change out the cheekpads for a better fit.

I've personally tested/crashed Arai helmets at several speeds: ~15mph, ~50mph, and ~90mph. I'm still typing, so Arai worked for me! :D

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by tdahle
I've been trying on helmets the last couple weeks and the Arai RX7 is super light and has a good feel to me... really worth going to check them out. They're 50% off at my local gear shop at the moment.
50% off?????? What are they regularly priced at in your local shop? What are they priced at with the discount? I don't really like the designs on the RX7's but if the price is anywhere near where I imagine it would be at 50% off, we need to talk. Seriously. Please. :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You must remember that Arai has a very strict policy for web sales, its just plain not allowed.

If you buy an Arai online (even through eBay) you are NOT buying it from an authorized dealer and your warranty if void. No ifs ands or buts.

If you have any friends over in Asia, that would be the place to buy a unique (at least back in North America) Arai lid... just make sure you're not getting a rip off, there have been many on the Asian market in the last little while.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr
You must remember that Arai has a very strict policy for web sales, its just plain not allowed.

If you buy an Arai online (even through eBay) you are NOT buying it from an authorized dealer and your warranty if void. No ifs ands or buts.

If you have any friends over in Asia, that would be the place to buy a unique (at least back in North America) Arai lid... just make sure you're not getting a rip off, there have been many on the Asian market in the last little while.
Actually you are half right. About 2 months ago Arai has went back to selling there helmets on the internet again. One of a few is Kneedraggers. But the companies have to have Arai's personal Authorized Dealer Logo on the site. So you can get them without trying them on in a local dealership. And you still have a warranty.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

50% off?????? What are they regularly priced at in your local shop? What are they priced at with the discount? I don't really like the designs on the RX7's but if the price is anywhere near where I imagine it would be at 50% off, we need to talk. Seriously. Please. :D
Yea they're getting rid of everything for the new season... the RX-7 Tommy Guns were sitting there at $350 a piece. The place is called MotoRider in Des Moines, IA. They have a website with contact info if you're interested just google them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Arai's are exspensive, How about a Shoei? I have had great luck with mine. Never a problem.

--Anthony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.