Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor on another forum that Arai will go back to selling Helmets on-line. I heard that they were losing to much money by not offering them on the internet. Has anyone else heard anything about this ?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I got an email from ridegear.com about 2 weeks ago saying they were carrying them, and sure enough, you can order one straight from the site. Will be anxious to see how much you will be able to get them for at an online dealer now that there will be some price wars.

·
Registered
700 Posts
kneedraggers.com already started to sell them

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
yeah, i've seen then on a few sites. i've always wondered why they didn't sell online because a lot of stores don't carry arai.. or at least around here.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Arai in the wisdom deceided that people werenot getting fitted properly for helmets so in order to fix that they told their dealers they were no longer going to allow internet sales in order toget the customer into the store for a proper fittment.

If they go back to the net it will be nice, better prices again as long as they honor the warranty cards that are mailed in from the owner instead of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah well i buy online anyways GO EBAY!!!!

brand new Arai Quantum II for $275.00 twisted red/black cant beat that anywhere..

think i got my ARAI Signets solid color in $250.00
kurtis roberts replica for $225.00

GO EBAY!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
not sure what you have tried on, but have the more oval head yet not a prefect fit for the signet (now discontinued/renamed)
so just matter of what fits you best....

The arai RX7/corsair is to close to my mouth, its for circle heads

if you haevnt tried out an ARAI you really dont know what your missing....have owned HJC,SUOMY,SHOEI,AGV,ARAI so that about covers the $$$ helmets and the ARAI is the best bar none i have had.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
That's really cool that Arai was taking the responsibility of making sure their customers were buying a properly fitting helmet, but there's a point where a business has to make a decision to either make things more available and convenient for their customers, or take that as a sacrifice and lose a lot of business. For the longest time, none of the shops around here had them. I didn't know what I was missing out on. I'd always heard great things about them, but really didn't know what I was missing. Now at least two of the local shops carry them, I think, but it will be nice to have access to them online. Let the price wars begin! lol

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
That's cool...Arai makes some great helmets. The RX-7 corsair is still the best helmet I've ever worn. My Vemar is close enough to it that I haven't wanted to spring the money for a fourth helmet (three is good enough for me, I figure, even if my other two aren't so great).

I probably will spring the cash on the new Dainese helmet though...the Dainese Airstream Bluetooth helmet...supposedly the shell is the same weight as the RX-7, but it has a built in headset and bluetooth for cell phones (and talking between paired Bluetooth helmets)...so basically it's an expensive ass helmet with the quality and construction of Dainese producs with a built-in $200 bluetooth Chatterbox, all for like $600. And the bluetooth is actually integrated into the helmet, so there's no bulky boxes anywhere, nothing to distinguish it on first glimpse from a normal helmet, and the pairing button and (I believe) volume controls are built into the helmet shell. Really bad ass.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
That's cool...Arai makes some great helmets. The RX-7 corsair is still the best helmet I've ever worn. My Vemar is close enough to it that I haven't wanted to spring the money for a fourth helmet (three is good enough for me, I figure, even if my other two aren't so great).

I probably will spring the cash on the new Dainese helmet though...the Dainese Airstream Bluetooth helmet...supposedly the shell is the same weight as the RX-7, but it has a built in headset and bluetooth for cell phones (and talking between paired Bluetooth helmets)...so basically it's an expensive ass helmet with the quality and construction of Dainese producs with a built-in $200 bluetooth Chatterbox, all for like $600. And the bluetooth is actually integrated into the helmet, so there's no bulky boxes anywhere, nothing to distinguish it on first glimpse from a normal helmet, and the pairing button and (I believe) volume controls are built into the helmet shell. Really bad ass.
WHATTTTTTT???????????? Link???

If that's true, I want one REALLY bad! ...just so long as it doesn't LOOK like garbage. Sounds phenomenal!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.