Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i rode with my new Suomy today and here is the comparision to my Arai Nakano.

-The Suomy has better airflow almost twice as good as the Arai.
-Suomy is lighter, fits better, and IMO has a better shape to it. It seems that it's more aerodynamic with less resistance when I ride.
-Comes with an Iridium lense
-Lens system is easier to replace, opens and shuts smoother, and locks tighter when fully closed.

Now for the down side, It's louder! Not to the point where it's defening but they do recommend earplugs when you ride. But i guess thats the price you pay when you get that much flow.
-I love the graphics on it but i like the Nakano better (IMO).

Hope that helps out when you plan on purchasing another helmet.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Suomy for me no more nanko aria or tommy cuz they both dont ride with kawi any more(

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont get me wrong Arai's are great helmets, but for me the Suomy is better all around.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Have you ridden with the standard Spec1-R? I know the Extreme is louder, but I'm hoping there's no need for plugs with the regular Spec1-R.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
Have you ridden with the standard Spec1-R? I know the Extreme is louder, but I'm hoping there's no need for plugs with the regular Spec1-R.
you're correct

·
Registered
561 Posts
the spec 1r isn't that loud, good air flow, but I can't compare it to the other 2. Oh, it is still REALLY light.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i love my ARAI...i replaced my SHOEI RF1000 Joust TC-5..i still have it by the way. The ARAI is very light and the graphics are top of the line...it is a bit noisy but thats the price u pay...but it is very comfortable on the head..

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about getting that one, but I have always admired the suomy's and figured why not!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Any helmet that introduces a lot of air is going to be loud. My X-11 Yanagawa is no different. I started wearing earplugs this year for anything more than a short jaunt in town. I'll never be without them now. No reason to go deaf.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I dont really find the wind noise on my rx-7 to be a big deal. My friend has a shark and he says that it really loud. Maybe im just not sensative to the noise compared to some of you..

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a agv and got in on the group buy for the helmets and got a new suomy. The agv is quiter but a little heavier. However if you are looking for a light helmet with GREAT air flow, then you can't go wrong with the Suomy!![:M86]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
When are they both releasing new designs for 07????

·
Registered
213 Posts
Both are good helmets but i agree suomy just feels better all around, and i highsided with the suomy, the back of my helmet met the asphalt really fast, and i remember hitting the ground and saying "wow these things really do work" so becuase of that experience , i'll be suomy for a long time to come

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.