Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little tidbit I picked up through the grapevine is interesting on two fronts...

(1) Arata exhausts are going to apparently be supporting an AMA team in 2004 in connection with Moto Liberty / Honda.

(2) Canadian Superbike racer Owen Weichel and ex-600 champ is apparently involved.

Would be nice to see Arata get a little more presence in worldwide roadracing circles to REALLY be able to say they're among the elite of the elite and hopefully put their reputation to the track.

Anybody have any more info than I do ?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Supposed to be a joint effort with OGK from what I heard...OGK is not available in the US (except for dealers who import them on their own). They make some excellent lids, and I'm putting 2 & 2 together here to predict they're going to be hitting the US market very soon. They're pretty popular in Japan, the UK, and the rets of Euorpe I guess. AND...I just got mine delivered last Friday, I love it! I'll take some pics soon. Sweet graphics and man is it ever light. It's the FF3-GP model...drool. Apparently they're loud due to the wicked venting, but I use earplugs anyway.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I bought an OGK from these bastards in Illinois called Cycle Ologist. I would advise anyone looking to get an OGK to stay away from those fuckers. First helmet was the wrong colour, next one was the wrong size and I STILL don't have a helmet, or the money for that matter. I have a friend that lives near Arlington Heights and I can assure you I'll be making a pit stop when I go to visit her.

Dammit now everyone here is gonna own one of those. I thought I was the only one who knew.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That actually DOES look kinda sweet Grunt. What's the ticket like on them? Are they in the same neck of the woods as Shoei or Suomey, or more like Arai even? The website you're on there doesn't show any pricing...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Deej, I think they're about the same as Suomy Gunwind (the Spec 1R is a tad more)at helmetharbor.com. Basicilly the same as shoei's new x-11 (in solids - gfx are about $100 more). So in the ballpark of $350us. Not sure what you can get an arai for online now and haven't priced any locally in a while.

I don't know if that's indicative of their true price or not since they're not really sold in the US right now. I used to have a nice shoei and this is it's equal in every regard as far as I can, except with better features, removable liner, lower weight. But my shoei was about 5 years old now. Dunno how well it will proptect, the shoei gets top marks in that regard from me (talking from experience).

Was gunna get another shoei, but I came across a decent deal on the OGK, and I loved the design of it and took a gamble. Was also thinking of a Shark, but they don't fit my head shape too well, and they can get pricey in a hurry. So far, no regrets. I'll post a pic when that's online again. I actually got mine form a guy in Canada, but they're not sold here oficaially yet either.

There is also a FF4 model avbl too, it may be more $$$, never really priced it. I didn't like it as much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.