Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a PC3 and a Full exhaust for my 636. I'm really interested in the Arata that Dan Kyle posted links to a while back(a dyno chart and some pics).

Has anybody taken the plunge and bought one of these? All responses welcomed and appreciated. :)

EDIT: I'd also like to know if anyone has profiled the race kit cams vs. the stock cams. The lift and duration numbers are published as being the the stock units. I have two questions about this:

1) Is the info. in the kit manual incorrect?

2) If it is correct, do the kit cams have steeper ramps, as would be indicated by increased duration at 0.050" lift, or some other arbitrary figure?

Thanks Folks!!!!

Todd

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Todd,

You wouldn't be going wrong with the Arata pipe, it's 50mm all the way through so it's got a nice big gaping hole on the end. Not to mention that you get a full Ti system for $999!!! What could be better than that? The fit and finish rivals that of Yoshimura's (the finest pipes in my opinion) I won't even tell you what a pile of poop the Akrapovic systems are - I've owned them in the past and they're really not all they're cracked up to be. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Arata is developing rear-sets for our particular wheels of speed?!?!?! I for one, can't wait!

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dude, the Arata is a good pipe. Craftsmanship is superb, along with Moriwaki (I have) and Sato. And from seeing all, I think the fit and finish is better than the Yosh (no offense). But I am with Strongbad on the Akrapovic take. Lots of $$ for an average product.

I've ordered from Dan previously and recently and know they have great customer service and prices. I think HOLEINONE is getting the Arata system and PC for his RR. I'm sure he can let you know how it performs.

A good reason to order from Dan is they spend a good deal of time tuning and developing the map for the PC. They can hit it right on. Good luck and have fun opening your wallet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.