Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 kawasaki RR model. i called dan kyles shope over at kyle racing to get his input on a full exhaust for this bike, he recommended the arata over the akrapovic. he said all the dynos he has run at his shop with his maps for the power commander produced more horses. i was wondering if any of you know of anyone with arata exhaust (full system)? im kinda a newbie but i thought with dans experince with these kinda bikes he probly knows what he is talking about. surely he wasnt just trying to make a sell......i guess im leaning towards this exhaust because he will supply the custom map with this exhaust. please leave me some imput if you guys or gals have some. thanks

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
if he says its a good exhaust for that bike i would do it, i doubt anyone here has his credentials to recommend that brand. i would check if he has it on his personal bikes. personally i would go with the akra.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Arata makes an awesome pipe. Everything but the exhaust packing, rivets, springs and the loops the springs attach to are made out of Ti on their pipes. Truly a work of art. I say it's a better build than anything Akrapovic has put together judging by the quality of the welds. Just top shelf stuff!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Can you retain the passenger pegs with the Arata system? I see it with the Sato Hanger on their side. Inquiring minds would like to know...I, myself would consider purchasing the Arata over the Akra. Price being the main factor.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I was in the same situation with my 636 and also had spoken with Dan Kyle and Strong Bad really pushed me towards the Arata full system. I have been running it for about a month and it's SWEET. I have a full D&D on my 99' and it's great but the Arata system is far more superior than anything I have seen on a bike. I got a nice package deal for a little under $ 1300 got the exhaust system and pre-mapped power commander. I had a local shop throw it on for me and also got it put on a Dyno. I don't know what it was pushing before the system but now it's throwing 121 hp to the wheel.[^] Can't complain about that. I'll post some pics later when i'm at home.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If I go to the shop can they give it to me on disk? I have a paper print out of it but I don't have a scanner.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Do you have a Kinko's nearby? They can scan it for a $ or two. 121hp! Any other mods? Race gas?
I'd like to see your dyno sheet, too!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just an after market air filter pcIII and the exhaust! I have a budy that has the full akra system on his 636 and his puts out a little more than mine, right at 123 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Check the printout... does it say the dyno model type? Must be a Hindle... they read high notoriously... and the whole age-old discussion of dyno peak power numbers is as misleading as ever, because we all know that the same bike will get three different readings (often VERY different) on three different machines on three different days in three different conditions. The real thing to be learned from dyno time is the overall power curve and the air-fuel mix tracking, which doesn't matter which machine it's run on.

As for the Arata exhaust, I have seen and heard it on a 636, and it's beautiful. Whether it's better build quality and sound than Akrapovic I'll leave for debate (very close anyway)... let's just say if I couldn't own Akrapovic, Arata would be my next choice hands down.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah it's says Hindle. Is that the same company as the exhaust company? F**K it I'm taking it to White Cycle and marine and having it done on thiers to compare from the other one.

Either way Arata is an awesome exhaust. It's one of the few that can stand up with akra exhaust systems. If I had to do it again I would have got the same thing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.