Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the market to buy a 06 blk 6r. now i wanted to know the overall feel of the bike like, if its to big or small, how does it feel while riding,how does the seat and postioning feel. just and overall. so if any1 can help out id appreciate it. or even if you think there is another bike better lemm kno. thank you all

·
Registered
403 Posts
What kind of driving do you plan on doing? Its fine for short trips and spirited riding, takes some conditioning for the longer trips.

With that said I commute whenever I can on it over my car, which is 15 mins ride city/suburb.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll probably just be going to work and back that like 25 min each way. and school which is like 15 min away nuttin huge. and just riding with my boys thats all. so any details?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I hear it is the more comfortable of the sportbikes. I think its comfortable, only thing I don't like is extended highway driving where my right hand gets cramped from constant throttle. Not a problem when you stop/shift often. When I first got it the pegs seemed a lot higher than my 00 ZX6R but, once I got going 5 miles an hour it felt great.

BTW the '06 Black 636 is the best, but I am partial. GL with the purchase

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for your input. yea im lookin into gettin th 06 6 r 636 blk 1300 miles for $6200 does that sound good?

·
Registered
403 Posts
You wont see many with that low miles and unmolested, you wont regret it, fewer and fewer everyday. Pick it up and make it your own, assuming its in great condition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea the guy said its in good condition 55 year `old guy. garaged kept with sheet over it and never in the rain, and never took it over 90 he said. sounds clean to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the black 06 ZX6r and it looks awesome. I got a great deal on mine I think. It came with the full Two Bros exhaust system, flushmount turn signals, integrated taillight/turn signals, and the GPR stabilizer all for just $6200. Only had 7300 miles too. I'm still looking to do about $700-800 in mods. Here's mine:

Anyways, With me comparing my purchase to yours, It's hard for me to say if it's a good deal unless you have alot of mods too. But with that low of mileage, yea it's probably a good deal but search Craigslist. I found mine four hours away in Cleveland but he met me halfway in Columbus and it was definately worth the two hour drive. Craigshelper.com lets you search multiple Craigslists websites which made it very convenient.

But to answer your first question, Yes it's pretty comfortable for a sportbike. It's definately a good ride throughout the city. But as someone else said before, if you are riding the highway for awhile like more than 30minutes, your throttle hand does cramp up a bit. You can always get a cruise thing installed though. Once you get up to riding about two hours, you can definately feel the tension on your wrists but that's pretty normal for a sportbike. I think it is one of the better, more comfortable sportbikes. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wouldn't let mods make your decision. Stock was better in my eyes, I wanted a clean slate. Also crazedlist is like the above where you can serach multiple areas.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man thanx for your reply and yes you did help out . and as for your bike . it looks pretty sweet. the only thing the other bike has done is the flush lights on the side. thats all. quick question how do you like your 2 bros exhaust i was thinkin of gettin that if i got the bike or akrapovik. any inputs on your though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm planning a 2 1/2 hour ride this weekend. What kind of things you guys think I should expect? The longest ride I've done is probably 45 minutes. Then again I've done a lot of riding just around town for fun. But freeway riding was 45 minutes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
heres my '06 6r. I payed $5500, 7,000miles. came with the 905 cage, undertail kit, and integrated lights. The bike ran perfect. The bike is comfortable. Long rides, the wrist does start to cramp. But on extended freeway trips, i lay my chest on the tank, and rest my elbows on my knees.

When the pic below was taken, I was in the middle of a 5hr ride through twisties. Didnt really feel any fatigue.

I love my 6tre!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts