Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
If we are talking same price range no, but an expensive pair of reinforced jeans is definitely better than cheapo leather pants.

Just put on a premium leather motorcycle garment and you will understand. I get this feeling when I am switching from summer gear to leather gear around October, it feels like wearing armor in comparison.

That said, I also have a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans and they are way more practical to use every day, almost like a normal pair of jeans. The great disadvantage of leather gear is that it's not practical for everyday use and especially for high temperatures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we are talking same price range no, but an expensive pair of reinforced jeans is definitely better than cheapo leather pants.

Just put on a premium leather motorcycle garment and you will understand. I get this feeling when I am switching from summer gear to leather gear around October, it feels like wearing armor in comparison.

That said, I also have a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans and they are way more practical to use every day, almost like a normal pair of jeans. The great disadvantage of leather gear is that it's not practical for everyday use and especially for high temperatures.
yes, you are right I am searching some Brand and analysis Kevlar lined jeans so I have found one Brand it's dragging time is 9 to 10 second and jeans stuff is double and normal prices. if you want to check this Brand products i will be share with you.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yes, why not :)

I wear the Sartso Killer kevlar jeans:

The yellow stuff is the inner kevlar layer, it has to cover your butt and your legs as in the picture to be effective!

Cheaper jeans have only a thin, much shorter "kevlar" layer and are nowhere near as safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, why not :)

I wear the Sartso Killer kevlar jeans:

The yellow stuff is the inner kevlar layer, it has to cover your butt and your legs as in the picture to be effective!

Cheaper jeans have only a thin, much shorter "kevlar" layer and are nowhere near as safe.
yes you are right i have also find a one Brand it's name is EndoGear it also have a good quality Kevlar lined jeans and i have read it's protection time is 9 to 10 second.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not sure about the numbers but their garments pass all the mandatory and optional safety requirements so they should be among the safest you can buy!
then good, actually i have found one Brand EndoGear Kevlar jeans, it abrasion-resistance time is 9 second with the lowest price and its Kelvar layer is thick. you can try as well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yes, they look legit (y)

Also, check out Knox, they have amazing pants and gloves too:

then good, actually i have found one Brand EndoGear Kevlar jeans, it abrasion-resistance time is 9 second with the lowest price and its Kelvar layer is thick. you can try as well.
@lathem isn't really interested in the answer to the question in his OP. He is only here to spam his riding gear web site.

He's doing the same thing in multiple threads: What are the best leather Motorcycle Gloves

·
Registered
2 Posts
Motoport.Street.Kevlar.Jeans the only fabric thats track legal. Custom made from a pair you send them. Kevlar only protects your hide. Armor sort of saves bones. Check it out. Slide rating at least 30 seconds.

advrider.com is about the best source for info or to buy and sell gear.

The four most important facts for protective motorcycle apparel:
1. Impact Protection: Motoport USA has far more coverage of armor than any other motorcycle apparel made in the world today and this is standard. Also available as options it is possible to get even more coverage. Impact protection especially when riding on the street is far more important than abrasion strength. Motoport USA has optional Quad-Armor that is currently the highest rated impact of any armor made.
2. Tear Strength: Motoport's Stretch Kevlar blended material has 5 times the tear strength of competition grade leather. (420 pounds) Motoport USA Mesh blended Kevlar apparel has 10 times the tear strength as competition grade leather. (1,269 pounds)
3. Abrasion Strength: Motoport's gear made with Kevlar blended materials is equal to competition grade leather for abrasion.
4. Seam Strength: Motoport's Kevlar blended apparel has over 2000 pounds seam strength in all the seams, with far fewer panels that can fail. The vast majority of motorcycle apparel seams will fail from a two feet six inch drop height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts