Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a new gixxer 750. He took a couple days off work last week and got the break in out of the way and last weekend he let me take it out. The first thing I noticed besides the power is how smooth the bike is. There was almost no vibration compared to my bike. Is it because it's a bigger bore bike? How do the kawis compare to other modern 600 class sportbikes? I never really noticed it on my bike until I got off his and back onto mine. Makes me want a gixxer and the 750 is BAAAAADDDASS. I'm interested in what Kawi is going to come out with next year. Hopefully uping the displacement of the 636 to give the 750 a run for it's money.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you research or follow this at all then you've probably seen that the new Kawi's (and oher brands) pics aren't due out till around November of this year for the 07' line. Also most of the articles as of right now seem to be point that there isn't going to be a 636 in 07'. They are planning on going back purely to the 599cc and stepping up the engineering on it instead so they arent designing 2 different 600 class bikes each year.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The amount of vibration has nothing to do with engine capacity.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
the vibration is for the girls. they all like the kawi so it was an added feature just for them.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have ridden the CBR, the R6, and the GSXR 750. All of them are a LOT smoother than the Kawi.

The reason for this? Engineering. So now you could ask why is a Honda automobile engine so smooth if it is a inline 4-cylinder like our bikes?

Best guess I would have to say camshaft profile combined with what RPM the engine is balanced to be smooth at.

Have you ever noticed that the 6R smoothes out when you get above 12k RPM's?

I believe our engines are externally balanced - this means the crankshaft rotating assembly is balanced by weights on the end. It's possible that Kawi just balanced our engine for higher RPM usage, hence the vibrations at lower RPM's.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't ridden the new GSXR750...yet, but i have given a mates 06 GSXR1000 a good hard spanking over 42km of open sweepers, and between 10-13,000 rpm there is more vibration than my pocket rocket Zx636R.

Other than that...damn nice bike! My balls enjoyed the break from the kawi suspension too.:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
My buddy just got a new R6 and that thing is smooth as glass compaired to my 636. My bike was not that smooth when it was new. I think is a Kawasaki thing, they dont have the automotive back ground that Honda and Yamaha have. I really cant comment on the newer Gixxers as I havent been on any but the older ones seem to be buzzy like the Kawasaki's..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah... that's my only gripe with the 636... it isn't as smooth as I would like it to be. And the magnitude of the vibrations varies with each ride. Not by a whole lot... but it does vary.

·
Registered
857 Posts
get a TB sync it took almost all of mine away...runs smooth now..

·
Registered
857 Posts
throttle body sync, i was low down on power and bike was vibrating liek crazy, cleaned my airfilter good and did a TB sync and it runs nice and smooth now...i made my own TB sync tool because i didnt have the cash to blow 1000+ on a guage from motion pro...i spent about 15$ cdn to make my guage and it works amazing...i was suprisedhow much a simple sync could improve the vibration...if your bike is vibrating alot i suggest gettng it done...

·
Registered
150 Posts
What bunch of pu*sies "oh my bike is buzzy"

just get out and ride did you buy it to ride like your mothers oldsmobile????????

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by suki15
What bunch of pu*sies "oh my bike is buzzy"

just get out and ride did you buy it to ride like your mothers oldsmobile????????
I wasn't bitching about it dude and I didn't see anybody else who was. Nobody said it bothered them. It is what it is. I just never realized how much it vibrated until I rode my buddy's bike. It's a huge difference and I just wanted to make sure it was normal across the board for our bikes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Nigel
The amount of vibration has nothing to do with engine capacity.
I was telling a guy at work about it and his response was, "Welcome to the joys of big bore bikes." He's one of those old guys that knows more than anybody else about everything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That new gixxer 750 is rougher on idle and rpms lower than 5k, but after that, it's smoother than our bikes. Also, the 750 doesn't have much in power on our bikes at all. To be honest, I really didn't feel much difference on my buddies new 750, other than powerband differences.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think it's just a kawi thing. The 1000s are worse. Just a little quirk we have to live with, having the baddest bikes in the world:D

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Originally posted by calen636

I was telling a guy at work about it and his response was, "Welcome to the joys of big bore bikes." He's one of those old guys that knows more than anybody else about everything.
Yeah, I know a couple of those guys...[V]

I had a ZX-9R which vibrated more than my 636, which in turn vibrates more than my '95 ZX-6R did, which vibrated more than my '94 ZZR600, which was far smoother than my ZZR250.

I also have ridden a Bimota SB6 (which has a GSXR1100 engine) which vibrated so much at 8,000rpm that I literally could not stand it.

And then you get into big V-twins...

The smoothest bikes I have ever ridden are (in no particular order) my '94 ZZR600 (ZX-6E), a BMW K75S, and a ZR7.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Nigel

And then you get into big V-twins...
No kidding. The same guy that just bought the 750 also has a Buell M2. My legs, ass and arms are numb after about 5 minutes on that bike. It's fun as hell though. Torque from idle to redline (about 6500 if I remember correctly).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.