Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my sliders like the package said and I tightned the piss out of them and I can turn them by hand both of them?? I noticed it when riding and thought that the bolts had came loose but when I checked them at home they were still tight as hell and didnt budge a but.

Anybody else have this problem??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I forgot the brand it was on the package, something like US cycle. Got them from cyclegear.com only the walk-in store and not the website.

Also they seem to spin more after the bike heats up, im thinging because the metal expands and they loosen up. The bolts are tight and I didnt them just like the instructions said. They were pretty easy to install other than the cutting, just like 1 washer on each side and the bolt and Viola there done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
when i installed my sliders they wouldnt turn by hand but after a couple a days of ridding the bolts vibrated a little loose and i could turn them by hand. Took them out and added more lock tight, havent had a problem since. But it sounds like your bolts are tight... Is there a washer between the head of the bolt and where it makes contact with the slider?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes theres a washer, im thinking its spinning on the washer, but its sooo tight how the hell could it spin??

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
my sliders turn as well. kinda annoyed me at first, now i just dont care. i dont think it hurts though.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Originally posted by Greenvetter
Mine turn. Have them torqued to the specification but they still move. Slippery plastic on metal.
Mine are the same exact way. Spin more once the heat radiates out, but they are torqued correctly. No worries...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the no cut sliders on mine and they were put on by the dealer. The right side which fits directly onto the frame spins bu the left side which is the no cut and fits on a bracket does not spin at all. Also the right side if you pull on it pops out a bit and then if you push it it will pop in. It is still bolted on and torqued to hell but it bothers me that there is so much movement.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
my shoguns also turn.

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
yeh some are designed to turn. by buddy just put some nielson..something or others on his. they turn like a wheel, hardly any restriction. its how they are made. with a shoulder preventing the bolt from being tightend down against the slider. and only against the sleeve. if that makes any sense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.