Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new here and I just bought a used 2008 Ninja. As with any Ninja 08 user I am looking to get rid of the rear fender. I am not looking for any fancy or exotic lighting options like LED lighting. I plan to keep the stock signal lights but are there any license plate light(s) that have the male stock adapter slapped onto them so that all you do is just plug it into the existing license plate female adapter plug?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have bought quite a few after market lights non of them have ever come with a plug on the end.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a feeling it will be almost impossible to find a aftermarket light that comes with the right connector for the 250. I wonder if it would be hard to take the stock one and putt he new wires from your light into it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have a lighted license plate holder that had a row of LED on top to light the plate. This works perfectly because i have mounted it flush under the tail just like you are thinking of doing and it lights up the plate even better then the stock light does. Even better is that it uses the stock connector so its "plug and play". i got mine free, but you can order one from custom dynamics. good luck on your project.

the plug isn't special for the 250, its a standard kawi plug. my friends 2006 636 has the same plug.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i found a light that i was able to use in the 'ricer shit' aisle at pepboys, basically its two rows of LED's on a circuit board with a piece of adhesive on the other side, and it came with a few different connectors that were basically the base of a light bulb with 2 wires coming out of it, so you could plug that into the stock light socket and tuck all the wiring into the 'trunk', and stick the light to the bottom of the tail in front of the plate (i left about 3/8" of the fender to make it look a little cleaner), the light was like $20, kinda expensive considering its just a few LED's, but cheaper than a $100+ fender eliminator kit

heres a pic that shows how it looks, and a night shot with the lights on:

(my sweet blurring of my plate makes it hard to tell but the plate light is pretty bright)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought a spare license plate light (many are the same, mine was from a zx-14) for about $3 and cut the plug off of it so everything plugs in just like stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a lighted license plate holder that had a row of LED on top to light the plate. This works perfectly because i have mounted it flush under the tail just like you are thinking of doing and it lights up the plate even better then the stock light does. Even better is that it uses the stock connector so its "plug and play". i got mine free, but you can order one from custom dynamics. good luck on your project.

the plug isn't special for the 250, its a standard kawi plug. my friends 2006 636 has the same plug.
Which product was it? There are several license plate lighting options there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Black Horizontal Motorcycle Plate Frame with LED Illumination

i didn't purchase it off the website, my friend gave it to me off his 636. but that is the one i have. if you want, i think i have some pictures on my other computer. i can post them up tomorrow if i can find them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
the one from custom dynamic that i have there is no splicing or crimping needed. it comes with the correct plug that you plug right into your bike.

here is an old picture after i put it on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Black Horizontal Motorcycle Plate Frame with LED Illumination

i didn't purchase it off the website, my friend gave it to me off his 636. but that is the one i have. if you want, i think i have some pictures on my other computer. i can post them up tomorrow if i can find them.
Did your friend actually say it came "plug and play" ready or are you just assuming it is "plug and play" ready because that is how you received it? I am just asking because I rather not order the thing if you are not sure if it came ready to just plug into the socket.

·
Registered
298 Posts
he ordered it and could never use it...so i took it off his hands with the intention of changing out the plug, but i didn't have to. i guess if you want to be 100% certain before you order, just call them up and ask them over the phone and let me know what they say.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I asked my buddy and he said that when he ordered the frame it DID NOT come with the connector, he had somebody put it on for him. I guess there are still no options for fully functional units right out of the box. Sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts