Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys....

I had Area P help me install one of their mufflers on my bike....

(note - this isn't a slip on....he installed onto the M4 headers and mid pipe)...

This is a 2.5" straight through core on a 14" carbon can...

I gotta say these folks are SUPER nice people....

the result is that:

My bike found the explosion off the line that was missing...

My bike now explodes greater than my generation 1 did being down 1 in the front...

Very noticeble improvement in forward thrust....bike just moves out - which it didn't do with the M4 GP pipe....

It seems to be so much less restrictive than stock and greatly so compared to the M4 GP pipe....

the difference was astoundingly noticeable....

I can easily pull the front up in all the gears...which I couldn't do before...

Just running through the gears was so much more impressive that it absolutely blew me away....

Area P is having a SALE right now on slip ons for the '08 ZX-10R...12" can is $399 carbon and $375 stainless....a bit more if you want the 14" can....get on his web site and get your order in...

·
Registered
88 Posts
That settles it, I'm going to be getting a new exhaust. I have the M4 GP slip and there were no dead spots in the band with the stock exhaust, but now I can feel them all over the place.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have never heard of this type of exhaust system, could you give me a little more information about them, maybe a website or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just mounted my Area P on my 08. I had one on my 05 and loved it. After having it for 8 months I picked up an Ackropovic slip on and tried it out. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Heavier, lacked the HP and throttle gains and was bigger and uglier.
I love the Area P on the 08. Man is that an awesome pipe and you can't beat the quality and price.

No I am not sponsored or work for them.
I got turned on to them on a forum and was the best thing that could have happened.

Oh and you do not need a Power Commander or New Map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts