Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm browsing through eBay looking for a seat cowl. I get no luck typing "250R 2008 Seat Cowl" so I type the 250R part by itself instead. Scrolling down the listings I come across a auction for a Roaring Toyz exhaust for the 250R. Is it just me or is there a striking resemblance to the Area P full exhaust? Plus it's more expensive to boot.

http://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/2008_Ninja_EX_250_Full_Exhaust_System_Carbon_Fiber_p/rt-22500.htm#

Are they buying kits from Area P and just re-branding them, or are they flat out copying them?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Hate to tell you this mang, but Area P wasn't the first company to make a muffler that looks like that. They were actually the 7,693 company to do it...:p

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hate to tell you this mang, but Area P wasn't the first company to make a muffler that looks like that. They were actually the 7,693 company to do it...:p
Good to know. So its a common shell huh. Just thought it kind of funky since the only cans I have seen like that are from Area P. Haven't been around motorcycles long.

They have the same exact dyno chart though....

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Nope, I would say it's a rebranded areaP. RT probably has no research facility at all and is most likely only a distributor.

CJ- AP is a small mom and pop type shop with a lot of pride in their products. Kerry, has worked for some major exhaust companies in the past and knows his shit. RT??? I'm not too sure of. :(

Compare the dyno sheet from RT and AP... see anything similar... for that fact, see any differences... at all?? :eek:

[email protected] charts.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, I would say it's a rebranded areaP. RT probably has no research facility at all and is most likely only a distributor.

CJ- AP is a small mom and pop type shop with a lot of pride in their products. Kerry, has worked for some major exhaust companies in the past and knows his shit. RT??? I'm not too sure of. :(

Compare the dyno sheet from RT and AP... see anything similar... for that fact, see any differences... at all?? :eek:

Well that's why I posted. It would suck if a reputable, hard-working company had thier work cloned. Maybe they are aware of it, maybe they are not. Hence the reason for the post.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Good to know. So its a common shell huh. Just thought it kind of funky since the only cans I have seen like that are from Area P. Haven't been around motorcycles long.

They have the same exact dyno chart though....
No...well yes. That's a common look and material for a sportbike muffler. But I was just bustin' balls. I have no idea if they are the same or not. I was just joshin' ya...:D

·
Registered
233 Posts
These have been out for a while now...I'm pretty sure I remember reading that they are just rebranded Area P pipes. Area P sells them unbranded in bulk to the company who slaps their name on it and resells it.
Nothing official that I have seen form Area P, but I remember reading somehting about it back when Area P started making their 250 exhaust.

Now why you would go with this over the Area P? The Area P is cheaper, and they have a reputation for customer support. I think they only people that would buy this cans are morons who do no research at all, but that loss of money is their own stupidity.

edit: Kkim kinda beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Well that's why I posted. It would suck if a reputable, hard-working company had thier work cloned. Maybe they are aware of it, maybe they are not. Hence the reason for the post.
One way or the other, it's probably a safe bet to assume Kerry and AreaP know.

·
Registered
848 Posts
With out reading I am guess you are talking about the roaring toys, yes?? I remember seeing it before, I think they said something about they are the same, but RT is selling them for more $$$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts