Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not my brake light, rather my break light...woops...

Installed new blinkers, tiny stalks. They work. Yay! So I put the bike back together and notice my brake light seems to be on ALWAYS. Hit the brakes, nothing happens.

I didn't really do anything to them, I touched them when relocated the brake light but I didn't do any splicing, disconnecting, etc..

Blinkers are "fast blinking" but I don't think thats tied in at all.

Help!

Please let me know if you require any further info.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You probably have wires crossing or touching metal where they're shouldn't be. Recheck everything and I'm sure you'll find the problem.

Fast blinkers has nothing to do with it btw, you need a resistor to remedy that, but separate issue.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There should be three wires going to the tail light. Red, Blue, and black with a yellow stripe. The blue one where it goes to the back to the tail light should have a part that is zip tied to the light casing. That has some resistors in it. I would just go through make sure all this stuff is undamaged, Especially the blue wire, where as its the one that make the light brighter under breaking. You may need to take the outer housing off of the three wires and trace them back to the plug under your front seat. If all the wireing checks out I/e no broken freyed etc damage to the wireing It may be a relay or the resistors on the acutual light. DId you use the hand break lever also to check and see if the light is working. Cause there is a little spring on the foot lever and it's sliped off on me before. Its the little spring that comes directly down from a sensor with some wires coming out of it. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I unplugged the blinkers from the connection near the battery and turned on bike, smae issue. I guess something is wrong with my tail light...an easy fix?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts