Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
been raining here in PA a good bit lately too..

it does suck....

you can still ride in the rian, just go slower....

I know it's not fun riding in the rain, but sometimes you just have to....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am sorry to hear of the bad weather. That has to be the worst thing possible, wanting to ride but can't.

I live in Hawaii, if it makes you feel better, Bike $9000 (636) gas $2.48/gal, I can hardly afford to ride... but the weather is always good.

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive only put 48 miles on the bike since I bought it. This is driving me crazy. The thing is all I gotta say is those 48 miles have me definitely hooked on riding.[8D]

·
Registered
530 Posts
To edit your message, you have to be logged in properly. Then you'll see an icon in your message for editing it.

As for posting images, I haven't done it myself, but I believe you have to upload the image to a website, such as geocities or something, and then you link to that website. A fellow zx6r.com member generously donated some webspace for this purpose (as long as it's not a link for your signature):
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2521

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess the good thing about only putting on 48 miles is that you got a long time to read about break-in procedures and oils and stuff.

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Don't even start talking about the weather. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and I have 1400 km on my bike then it snowed 1.5' since Sunday. That my friend is shit weather, one week it's beautiful and the next week it %#^%$% snows!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sh1n5, maybe you can make the best of the situation by skiing or snowboarding. For me, skiing can be just as exciting as riding a bike. Well, almost.... :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by TheCunningLinguist

How am I supposed to get good at riding this bike if I cant ever practice cause its always raining? I hate SEattle.
You start practicing in the rain. :) I've got almost 14,000 miles on my '02. Today, like lots of days, I went out knowing that it would probably rain, and just tried to stay away from the ugliest of the clouds. Ended up under about 5 minutes of rain, then was dry the rest of the night. It sucks, but it beats not riding at all, IMO.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in living in Seattle before but now I’m temporarily back in Quebec. I’m ready to trade any of your rainy days with some of my minus 40 degrees winter days here. Even Edmonton seems warm compare to Quebec. I would need to ride 25 hours a day here to compensate for the short riding season. I only had about one real week of riding so far this year.
Anyway, get a good rain gear and practice in the rain, you’ll get even better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Move Downunder...Beautiful one day Perfect the next![^][8D][^][8D][^][8D]

Confidence and Ability should not be Confused

·
Registered
327 Posts
Amen to that Brian! :D

Where in Oz are you mate?

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.