Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After again fighting with this damn thing to get it to fit right. This includes making a shim, and adding spacers over the chain guard.... It still didn't fit right, it stopped rubbing in the back, but now rubbed in the front. After again tweaking it, I got it to not rub in the front, but now it set crooked.... solution? Made 4 more shims for the brake side..... got them on (after 2 days fabricating, and smoothing) it sat THE EXACT SAME WAY. New solution? Rip the F*CKING THING OFF! and remount just the chain guard (hey, it looks better than the stock plastic!:D). Overall after about $200+ for the hugger, countless time invested, I am extremely disapointed! The finish and quality on it are TOP NOTCH, but the fitment is just garbage. Overall I'd say STAY AWAY from anything ART made. Overall rating on product.... JUNK!:(

And ofcourse as I do not like any of the other huggers made for this bike.... my only other option is the useless "R6" converted one.... oh well guess it is better than nothing.... OPP here I come! :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thought after looking at the OPP one, it appears you have to drill into your swing arm to mount it, not cool..... lol.... well I do still have the 636 hugger..... ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Targa is good quality, I just cannot stand how the huggers are shaped, all of them... and like the side profiles of them, to me it looks like a giant blob of plastic.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Jealous: sorry to hear that m8 if i were you i would package it back up including the chain guard and sell it on ebay, you can always pick up a metal chain guard but try and get some of your money back.

Russ

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by jealous57
Targa is good quality, I just cannot stand how the huggers are shaped, all of them... and like the side profiles of them, to me it looks like a giant blob of plastic.
i couldnt agree with you more, thats why i bought an art hugger too! and of course mine was [email protected]^&*d up as well. they totally drilled each mounting hole in the wrong place and as well the right side of it had an extra mounting hole.. they look sweet.. but if it doesnt fit what good is it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.