Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there do it? I do but it really hurts my ribs. Where my ribs touch the tank is sore for 3 or 4 days. Any suggestions on how to remedy this other than stop skiing?

·
Registered
558 Posts
my friend does it on his cbr all the time he never complains about his ribs. just keep doing it you'll probly get used to it after awhile.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am hoping I will get used to it. Maybe I am just holding on a little too hard. I just like to see peoples faces when I do crazy stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I've been thinking about trying to do that trick here recently. Is it hard to do? I'm pretty sure that I can get off the bike and ski ok, it's the getting back on part that I haven't figured out yet, and I don't want to try it until I have a gameplan. Do you just plant your feet, and jump up back on the bike?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've put my feet down on wet roads and stood up just to seeif my feet would catch and they didnt. I dont feel very confident on skiing on dry pavement. Plus your shoes/boots would take a beating. Dont some people use those skate shoes with the wheels? Just an idea...

Yeah, how the hell do you get back on, jumping would put more pressure on your feet and may make them catch. Whammo, face plant and your bike it rolling auto pilot. Ouch

·
Registered
558 Posts
my buddie allways starts on the side of his bike...at first to get back on he'd just stop the bike...now he just plants and jumps...it looks like it's hard to control in stoping and jumping back on.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
So to even attempt this you need a steering damper to keep the bars straight and also some sort of throttle lock to keep the bike moving right?

-Flash

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Flash, we are talking about skiing next to the gas tank, not behind the bike. Your hands never leave the bars when you ski next to the tank. I just don't see how you could get back on the bike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought there were steel plate you could put on the bottom of your motorcycle boots? Are you saying that you do them on the rubber of your tennis shoes?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have been meaning to try as well. It does not look that hard just keep your weight on your arms and off your feet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
all i do is lift my right leg over the bike onto the ground first, then take off my left leg and keep most of ur weight over ur right side of ur body and right arm and control the throttle. getting back on do the opposite. lift ur left leg onto rear set and then pick ur body up off the tank and throw ur leg over. hard to get back on the off and u dont need a damper. i was doing them months before i got my damper. my .02 cent

·
Registered
337 Posts
ninja rydin described it pretty well. The way I was taught, your weight is on the tank, NOT your feet (pavement). Thus the sore ribs mentioned above. It just looks like your weight is on the pavement. What some of you guys are discussing sounds like a great way to crash and maime yourself.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I thought you guys might want to know that a guy on stuntlife.com is selling plates for the bottoms of you shoes if you want to ski behind the bike or whatever without your rubber soles killing you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.