Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A douchebag at work wanted to sit on my bike so I let him, no harm I thought, I'm not letting him ride it, just sit on it. So when the whisker buiscit goes to get off, he tries to get of on the RIGHT hand side and lays the bitch down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I booted him in the shoulder as he was going to pick it up and after I got it upright I immediatly looked for scratches, there was only one little speck on the lower, *sigh*, oh well at least I didn't let the jackass ride it. But when I got on I noticed the freakin peg snapped in half. I'VE GOT HALF A FU$KIN PEG LEFT!!!!!! The punk said "you can hit me if you want dude" I told him I wasn't going to hit him... then I hit him. So... does the '02 pegs fit the '03, or does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket pair (without the peg-busting hero bars) that do fit the '03? Help please, I feel like my baby is hurt and I gotta make it all better FAST!:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
355 Posts
shit dude.. sorry to hear about that one... don't know the answer... but he should atleast pay you for the part... What kind of ass would even dismount from that side...?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Get him to buy a brand new one from Kawasaki for the 03, full rec retail. He f*cked it, he fixes it - whatever it costs.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Cailith

Get him to buy a brand new one from Kawasaki for the 03, full rec retail. He f*cked it, he fixes it - whatever it costs.
No Shit!!!
But I want a pair that is aluminum and does not have the stupid "hero bar" I'm a dumb-ass for not removing the f'n things already, but rest assured... he'll pay for new ones!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry for buttin in but um Cailth I dont think he meant it like that,it's (not sarcastic) I thought he was agreeing, But I could be wrong !

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Cailith

Originally posted by NemesisOne

No Shit!!!
Now that's a bit nasty mate, I'm on your side remember. [B)]

Yeah I was agreeing with you 100%. Sorry 'bout the confusion. I was a bit upset at the time. I've since calmed down and I dont think I'm gonna make him pay for it. The poor bastard already works two jobs to raise his kids. (his wife died of luekemia a couple years back.) I know it wasn't intentional, and he did offer to buy new ones, but I have kids and I know how hard it is to give them what thet need and what you want them to have. So, I'm gonna just let it go, life is too short to stay pissed off. Do you know where I can order some aftermarket pegs for the '03? If the '02 ones fit there are some nice ones out there.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some aluminum EMGO racers from the shop today. I actually like them better. Go figure???
BTW... '01 and '02 pegs fit the '03's sweet.:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
i was moving my bike in my friends drivway... his drivways slants up and there was four cars parked in it.. so i had a time getting my bike out.. well i was walking beside it to back it up and lost balance.. and ever so gently layed it on it's side. i quickly picked it up a few scratches on the engine casing and one tiny one on the bottom of the faring... anyway broke my stupid peg in half too. those things are cheap as hell. i got a pair of aftermarket pegs for $42 at my local shop, i gotta wait for em to get in.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, the freakin stock pegs *look* substantial but they are just pot-metal. Oh well, I guess modding is part of the fun right?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, those pegs are just a cast mold. I have been working on polishing mine, but one of them is a pretty rough cast, seems pourous, I wouldn't be suprised if as weak as they look if they broke from simply riding them. I wanna get a set of aluminum race ones to replace the stockers, but I will wait on that one for a while. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it won't take too long.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Don't know if this is true or not, but someone told me that the pegs were designed to break like that. He said if they didn't break, a fall would provide a single point of impact thus damaging the frame. Like I said, don't shoot the messenger...

But I agree, just a drop is kind of ridiculous...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Mmmm

dumb question: What's a hero bar?
Its a bar that protrudes from the bottom of the peg that contacts the ground when you are SERIOUSLY leaning into a corner and supposedly pushes the peg out of the way. Personally I think if your leaning that far you've already lost it!
BTW there are no "dumb" questions. Ther are people here who have forgotten more than I will ever know about bikes. I'm not ashamed to ask questions, if you don't ask, you'll never know right?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by NemesisOne

Got some aluminum EMGO racers from the shop today. I actually like them better. Go figure???
BTW... '01 and '02 pegs fit the '03's sweet.:D
They fit no problem??? I got the EMGO round ones same as yours??
The rider peg holes dont line up ---have to do some fabrication and for the rear I believe the wrong peg got into the package or the the wrong part # was put on the package

Let me know how or what problems you may have had with the install
Where did you get the pegs from?

Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.