Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
You should try gloves on before you buy them. It took me around a month time to find what worked best for me. GP Plus was it for me. Price is high, but on a long ride it pays off, I can say from experience.
For $25 it's a great deal in any case, I hope they fit well.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the Astars Sp-1's, GP Pro and now the Gp Plus. I've crash tested all of them. The leather holds up really well but the stiching sucks! Astars are known for this. Gloves look incredible but that's about it. I'll probably switch to something new for next season. I even have the Astars SMX-plus race suit. Crash tested as well. The left forearm has a nice hole in it and the stiching has come undone...once again. not good. This was due to a low-side at the track at about 60mph.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried these on before at the kneedraggers.com store in New Castle, DE...so I know they fit well! I'm just getting these for the price. Have you guys tried the "Held" gloves, they have been getting great reviews.

·
Registered
443 Posts
coo..they are quite comfortable gloves. they look dope as well. i've never tried held gloves. joe rocket makes some nice gloves as well.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Joe Rocket Razor gloves, and I don't personally like them. I feel like they would not hold up very well if I were sliding down the asphalt. I've tried to stay away from JR, I feel like other manufacturers make much better products. For instance, Fieldsheers Titanium Air Jacket vs. the JR Phoenix. The FS has full CD approved body armor in the jacket, and the JR has those foam and plastic pads, just doesn't make me feel safe!

I think I'm going to wrap myself in bubble wrap the next time I ride :D

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I used to have a pair of those exact gloves. I guess they're ok for street riding, but I wouldn't go on ther track with em. They also run large, but if you already tried on an XL pair I guess you know if they fit. The part I didn't like was the knuckle protection, I prefer the hard armor over the knuckles. Other than that they're not bad. Good price anyway.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ditto on that, I'm going to get the GP Pro gloves next. The Sp-2s are nice however (especially for 25 bucks) I rather have a glove with dual wrist closure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.