Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks much better than the ZX-10r or R1. And be afraid because the HRC Team had a big hand in making it. I like it ALOT.

Goodies include:

1- Finally a full 998ccs
2- Unit Pro link suspension that Rossi rides on
3- 2 stage fuel injection (4 regular injectors and 2 extra that kick in at high rpms)
4- Radial mount Brembo brakes
5- Belived 165bhp

6- Mass Centralization
7- 2 underseat pipes
8- Made exclusively by HRC for track purposes only

9- Sleek new bodywork with cues from Honda's reigning and all conquering RC211V.
And much more ...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well from the sounds of it Kawi, Yammie, and Honda fans may have decent hopes of trying to unseat the Gixxer as the king sportbike of 2004. I still like Kawi's odds given the fact that they've always been able to make ponies with their big-bore bikes, and having learned from the 636 chassis and suspension, they should have a good package to start with. However, the Honda you KNOW will be good, and the R1's always been decent, with some tweaks in chassis and a few more ponies...

Well, bring on the 2004 open-bike shootouts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, MCN claims that this will it's official name. I like the sound of CBR 998 RR more than CBR 1000 RR.

I already like the 600RR alot and with over an extra 50hp than it's younger brother, it's going to be a beast. Based onlooks alone, this could very well be my next ride. Not counting out the R1 and ZX-10r out just yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will be good to get some test rides on them .. might spice up WSB a bit aswell .. if there is gonna be any WSB next year that is.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My 636 is faster cuz it's solid black with gold colored bits and pieces.

[/end typical squid response] :D

Actually, it looks damn good. Kinda like a...600RR [:p] But it does sound sweet.

inca jones

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got a new bike, so no liter bike in 04...Maybe when I feel confident enough to ride a liter bike I know I won't be an i4. I'll get that new Mille R. Aside form the ripped off and ugly RC51 front end, the rest of the bit is tits! The 600RR is not all that either. It clearly lacks the perfomance of the other 600s...I would put my money on Yamaha and Kawasaki. The thing you have to remember is that the new Gixxer 1K is working with a 988cc engine and killing the current R1 which is already at 998cc. Suzuki still has 10cc to work with when it updates the Gixxer in 05... It's like I have a 6th sense.

Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Like the 600's of 2003, the 2004 liter-bike shootout will be quite the interesting read.
That it does. Although 2003 was with out a doubt the year of the 600s. With the exception of the gixxer all the major sport bikes got a major upgrade. I cant wait to see what bikes we'll see in 2K4. It could be the year of the 1k class. [}:)]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by neattoes3000

I just got a new bike, so no liter bike in 04...Maybe when I feel confident enough to ride a liter bike I know I won't be an i4. I'll get that new Mille R. Aside form the ripped off and ugly RC51 front end, the rest of the bit is tits! The 600RR is not all that either. It clearly lacks the perfomance of the other 600s...I would put my money on Yamaha and Kawasaki. The thing you have to remember is that the new Gixxer 1K is working with a 988cc engine and killing the current R1 which is already at 998cc. Suzuki still has 10cc to work with when it updates the Gixxer in 05... It's like I have a 6th sense.

Craig
The Honda is working with 954ccs and still makes around 130-135HP. Your right, the extra 44cc's will help some.

The Honda will have things that will be unique to it. Unit Pro-Link, Underseat exhaust, extra injectors etc etc. Stuff that other bikes won't have. That's a plus. I dig MotoGP technology. :)

I agree that '04 will the Liter Bike heaven. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
hmm i hope they don't attach the swing arm to the engine again.

I constantly see those 954s and 929s coming in that have cracked engines or separations at the swing arm...

granted its a plus for racing, but for the street rider, take a fall and kiss your 10k bike good buy.

I dunno bout that unit pro link either...sure they stuck that weird suspension on the 600rr but none of us are named Valentino who can two drift that crazy suspension into the apex

styling is definiltey awesome and so is the radial brakes

ehh I'll probably end up getting that or a 2nd hand MV Agusta F4 (god I love that bike)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
bikes looks great...but I'm afraid after a few years of riding I'm have desided that I'm leaning on getting a bike that was desgned for the street first and track second instead of a bike that was designed for the track first and street second...

·
Registered
755 Posts
[:p] I want both. It sounds like the Kawi will weigh almost 11 pounds less and kick out roughly the same horse. Oh my God, I have to start saving some money.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i like the kawi's way better. for some reason i just dont like the look of the hondas. that chunky ass swing arm looks like it came off of a dirt bike or some shit all heavy duty like.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.