Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 24 and have never ridden a day in my life but want to start. Most guys around their mid 20's who I have talked to all started when they were 15 so they got 10 years or more or riding under their belts. It just makes me wish I had started sooner than now but that just got me wondering when all of you started? Is there an age where it's too late to start?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Started in the beginning of this month and am loving every second of it. I'm 21. Don't worry about everyone else having more experience than you, just enjoy yourself and keep learning. I do know how you feel about wishing you had started earlier though :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Started last August at age 26 on my lil 250. But I'm a girl, does that make a difference? NOOOO! Enjoy it just as much as, if not more than, the hubby who started 14 years ago (he's 31 now)! Don't think you are ever too old to try something new and 'adventurous'.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Dirt bikes at 14... first street bike at 18 (it was a '73 Honda 350, which was considered a mid-size at the time)

·
Registered
97 Posts
At age 31, I took "the course" learning on CB125s, then bought a XR 650L dual sport. I got a GS500F at 33 then got the ZX 6R this May at 35, no looking back.

It is never too late to learn riding a motorcycle...
...even if mother disagrees!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I first rode dirt around eight years old, street when I was probably 14, on my brothers bike. Bought my first street bike when I was 18.

--David

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
14, stopped at 18 and started again at 28. I should have never stopped. All those wasted years I could have been on a bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
age 6- Yamaha Pw50
age 8- Kawi KX65
age 11- Yamaha YZ80
age 14- KTM 125sx
age 17- Kx 250(2 stroke)
Age 21- Now I ride a Kx450F and my zx6-r and my wife rides an old suzuki DR350 with a 435 big bore kit.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Started at 25 too. I rode a 250 enduro style bike for two weekends when I was 16, that's my total previous experience.

Here's a crappy pic I made to make myself feel better.

It didn't really work, since I realised I suck a photochoppin too. Also, if I picked a couple pics from 2006 it would be crash pics [xx(]

You won't ever make it into MotoGP, but you can make a decent club racer, maybe even AMA if you're gifted (And loaded). Main point is, it's not too late to learn to ride really well, whether street or track is your thing.

If there is an age where it's too late, it isn't mid or even late 20's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
started this may at 27. glad i didn't start younger cause the i USED to drive i'd probably would have killed myself. best investment i have ever made.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.