Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's been some heated discussion lately about wearing gear, not wearing gear, it's your right, it's not your right, should be a law, you're a gear nazi or whatever bullshit everyone has been bitching about; but I think it's time to bring this back. You may know this chick or you may not. I'm sure it's been posted on here several times before. Another time will never hurt.
You will never hear me bitch at someone for not wearing ATGATT, but please take the time and read through her website and maybe you'll be inspired to wear your gear at all times, and if not, well, just hope you don't end up looking like her.
Rock The Gear

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
yeah, you dont need gear unless you go dragging knee :runaway:

Never seen her website...painful lesson.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Very good, sobering read.

I look at the wifebeater-endowed fools who ride around here and I can only imagine the world of hurt they'll experience once their talent runs out.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I always wonder what having an icon vest/ cargo shorts and a Tshirt will look like in the emergency room...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
After this I totally wanna try not rocking the gear, sounds like they lived it up. :rolleyes:

If you want to totally protect yourself of the risk it's easy and amazingly cheap, don't get on a bike. A car offers more protection than any piece of gear you can put on and on top of that it has heat for the winter and air condition for the summer. It's also easier and quicker to put on or take off than gear.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
After this I totally wanna try not rocking the gear, sounds like they lived it up. :rolleyes:

If you want to totally protect yourself of the risk it's easy and amazingly cheap, don't get on a bike. A car offers more protection than any piece of gear you can put on and on top of that it has heat for the winter and air condition for the summer. It's also easier and quicker to put on or take off than gear.

Thanks for deducting reputation from this user.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
If you people would stop sending out your negative vibes there wouldn't be anyone wrecking.

Motorcycle crashes are directly related to hate speech on the internet. I saw it right on this forum in a thread yesterday. True story bro.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
"must spread rape before giving it to GTS again" :(

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
oh, hey, killer2600. i was involved in an accident while wearing my helmet, race boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and one piece suit.

was i dragging a knee at the time? no. i was sitting at a red light when i was rear ended by a drunk rider on a harley.

he wasn't wearing any gear. he lived for 2 weeks until he finally succumbed to his injuries.

had i not been wearing my gear i might have died instead of walking away.

one more thing. you said it your other thread you're more likely to take risks while wearing gear than not, so it's obviously safer not to wear gear. what about all the squids i see doing stand up wheelies and shit through traffic on the highway and in town wearing sneakers, shorts, a tank top, and maybe a helmet?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Got you covered!
Thanks !!!

"Must spread rate around before giving it to williams805 again" :(

I need to go on random rape spree apparently.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
oh, hey, killer2600. i was involved in an accident while wearing my helmet, race boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and one piece suit.

was i dragging a knee at the time? no. i was sitting at a red light when i was rear ended by a drunk rider on a harley.

he wasn't wearing any gear. he lived for 2 weeks until he finally succumbed to his injuries.

had i not been wearing my gear i might have died instead of walking away.

one more thing. you said it your other thread you're more likely to take risks while wearing gear than not, so it's obviously safer not to wear gear. what about all the squids i see doing stand up wheelies and shit through traffic on the highway and in town wearing sneakers, shorts, a tank top, and maybe a helmet?

If you weren't wearing any gear you wouldn't have taken the RISK of stopping at the stop light ... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ShamRock229

·
Registered
653 Posts
they need to invent invisible gear...or spray on gear....then everyone would wear it...

·
Registered
737 Posts

You people need to quit walking across Troll-boys bridge.
Although I have to admit, I admire any idiot that shows himself
so often, and with such zeal, it's like going to the zoo and
watching that one pissed of chimp throwing shit at the crowd.
It never bothers anybody, but the chimp knuckle drags away feeling
good about himself. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Painful for her, and painful to read. It's heartbreaking to read how people are getting hurt doing something they love, and that the injuries or death from an incident could have been avoided.

The thing is, gear protects everyone: the first-day rider or the 50-year veteran. It's one safety thing you can do regardless of skill level. Probably preaching to the choir here but please, wear your stuff.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
People are gonna do what they're gonna do. Wear your gear....or don't...whatever, it won't affect me. I've eaten shit before and my gear saved me a lot of healing time and discomfort. Do I not want to wear it? In the summer, no, but I wear a mesh jacket, gloves, over the ankle boots, and pants. If it's too uncomfortable, then I take my car. I say "why take the risk", but my wife's uncle says, "the government shouldn't be allowed to MAKE me wear a helmet...it's my choice." So there are two sides to every story, so I say do what you want. You're an adult, you know the risks, so do whatever.

·
Registered
969 Posts
they need to invent invisible gear...or spray on gear....then everyone would wear it...
I think it has been...

For those hardcore summer squids

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Very good, sobering read.

I look at the wifebeater-endowed fools who ride around here and I can only imagine the world of hurt they'll experience once their luck runs out.
fixed

Thanks !!!

"Must spread rate around before giving it to williams805 again" :(

I need to go on random rape spree apparently.
done

Man, you're running up quite the rape tab.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
People are gonna do what they're gonna do. Wear your gear....or don't...whatever, it won't affect me. I've eaten shit before and my gear saved me a lot of healing time and discomfort. Do I not want to wear it? In the summer, no, but I wear a mesh jacket, gloves, over the ankle boots, and pants. If it's too uncomfortable, then I take my car. I say "why take the risk", but my wife's uncle says, "the government shouldn't be allowed to MAKE me wear a helmet...it's my choice." So there are two sides to every story, so I say do what you want. You're an adult, you know the risks, so do whatever.
I agree and these riders that say gear is too hot or not needed because they ride 'safely' know what will happen to them. Some of the newbies dont know how to find neutral, nevermind what road rash can do to your body. Hopefully this website opens there eyes.

Reactions: WildCard
1 - 20 of 35 Posts