Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my set delivered to me on Saturday, finally got the chance to finish fitting it last night. About 4 hours total work. I have no basis for comparison, since this is my first set of track plastics, but everything seemed to go really well. The markings for the holes lined up pretty well, with little modification needed. Most of the time spent fitting was cutting out the holes for the frame sliders and making them large enough to get the front on easily. The resin cracked on the front piece at the curve in front of the clipons. Nothing major, but I'll put some more resin on there before I paint it.

I bought some of that Duplicolor Grabber Green that was mentioned on here a couple weeks ago. I'll let you guys know how it works and get some more pics when I'm done. Not sure if I'll have time to paint before Sunday (leaving for MMP), but I'll post it up when it's done.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Looking good..was going to buy from them but ended up with a deal i couldnt resist...so will buy from them when my RC51 gets its bodywork...or i go straight track bodywork..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man that looks good I got to get raceskins for next year. I will buy Attack perf. instead of sharkskins looks good and cheaper aswell.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
zortness

Great job on the body work and paint. The fit and finish look incredible on your bike. There are no unsightly gaps or bulges and it looks like a proper race bike. I like how the lower comes all the way up to the radiator. I am in the process of repairing my street bodywork from a tip over in the trailer and will repaint with colorite lime green. I was content until I saw your attack bodywork now I want some too. My bike will never be complete

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Marko
How much time will it take you to which from oem to raceskins?
It takes about 5 minutes to pull off the entire race body. It probably takes 25 minutes to put the street body back on, so 30 minutes total.

Thanks for the compliments micron.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea attack is the way to go. had mine for a while waiting to be painted but other then that i love them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally gave in a blew a large chunk of money on an exhaust last week. Getting ever so close to being only used on the track.

Doesn't really have anything to do with my bodywork except I think the arrow makes it look just that much better on the tail end.

Woodcraft case covers and clipons are on the way too... man this is addicting... but I'm pushing my monetary limits at the moment so I'm bound to stop eventually.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Older thread, but I'm in the middle of installing my Attack bodywork.

Did you remove the ram air intake screen or leave it on? As it is on my bike, the fit is very tight with the upper barely long enough to reach the mounting bolts back behind the frame sliders. Just wondering if you cut down the intake tract on the upper that goes to the screen for the intake.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry about your getoff, at least it doesn't look too bad!

Thanks for the info. My fairings are off getting painted now!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.