Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was just about to get my order finihsed on a set of sharkskinz upper and lowers, then i have been hearing ALOT of good feedback on Attack racing bodywork..
If you are not looking for contingency money, just wanting some quality bodywork that can handle some abuse and look damn good when painted, also save a little money in the process.

Shatksinz upper & lower with fasteners installed-shipped $640.00
Attack racing upper & lower no fasteners shipped $476.00

I would truly be gratefull if someone has any experince as that $140.00 will cover some other needed areas of my track set-up.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I really think you couldnt go wrong w/either of them! i think they are both top notch quality! my body has sharkskinz on his 03 zx6r and theyre very strong and top quality! if i had the money id go either of them!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
dooD. I have Attack bodywork on my bike and I was amazed. It looks very high quality and a bit flexible. Never had sharkskinz, but you get a lot for your money from Attack Bodywork. The bodywork work came primered and super smooth and ready for paint. Definitely none of that brittle crap you see on eBay and the alike.

·
Registered
700 Posts
the attack bodywork took over AK composites. good stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i called up attack last night and they are currently out of the ZX6R/RR bodywork but i am online for an upper and lower as i LOVE my flexi-glass tail...compltee with side panels. the guys there were very informative and helpfull.

So i am going to go ahead and get this as well as some other goodies, Once i get it all put together and painted will post up all the pics and feedback..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Attack Performance is out of stock for the '05 ZX6 because I bought the last set last week :D ....according to FedEx it should be arriving here in the office any minute....hope the box isn't too big....my company is probably getting pissed about all the stuff I'm having delivered here lately...hahaha

I'll let you guys know how it is once I get it on. I have a track day this weekend but won't have time to get the stuff on before then...I'll be taping up the lights for the last time

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot man....No its all good all i would be doign with it right now is letting collect dust at the house for another 53 days or so, as thats when i get home..You going to put dzus fasteners in or just screws?

keep us posted please

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got my sharkskinz stuff in today. Looks to be pretty good, and it came with the dzus fasteners already installed. I was debating with them or armour bodies, sharkskinz had a faster turn around, so I'll let you guys know when its all said and done.

JJ

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After the debate i was going to do the ATTACK KAWSAKI stuff as
Skarksinz & Flexi-Glass was a noticable price increase for supposedly the same quality stuff....

Well i cam across a set of mounted but never used flexi-glass upper and lowers on ebay that hav a custom 2 PIA foglight set-up for lights. So i emailed the Guy and BAM they are inroute the house...
just add some paint...
will post some pics

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have the stock raw ti bodywork and will be doing a
Green/black paintjob of some sort on the new bodywork, though the wife is like why not something different as almost all Kawis end up in some shade of green.

still waiting to see what happens with my SOBE deal, for some sponsorship...

Also a 2mm overbore and full head job may be in the works as well for the winter as well....something about 135-140RWHP just makes me say SLEEPER...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My dear Big Daddy...we meet again..;)

Yeah i have been looking into this option, as it is far more viable an option for some longevity versus just having a full formula extreme style motor doing 140rwhp.

The extra bore and the headwork as well as some mild blueprinting will get 135rwhp no worries...thats ONLY 20 more then what i am getting now...and i am doing 115 uncorrected horsepower..
also there will be a slight bump in compression as well.
Going to make for an ass kicking sleeper...

well i am waiting on a response from someone that is more then likely selling me a full AMA Supersport 600 motor, which may work instead, but i do like the torque from the bigger motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.