Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it is short notice but the idea is to revive the Kawiforums Ladies Calendar for 2009. I know this doesn't leave you a lot of time to submit your photographs but we can maybe offer a 16 month calendar to make up for the late startup.

Here's what I need:

Lovely ladies willing to brighten the months of 2009 with their sweet bikes and pretty faces. You call the shots. Grab your favourite photographer and have them catch you in various walks of your beautiful sportbike life.

Send photographs you'd like included for consideration. Maybe we can have a ladies photobucket with folders to add to. When the closing date approaches we'll stop taking submissions and make the layouts. You can include pictures in gear, with or without the bike, riding or stills... The important thing is that you have at least a few shots with your bike to keep with the sportbike girls theme.

Rules:

1) You have to be a member of the site and ride a motorcycle. It doesn't have to be a Kawasaki but you have to be a two wheel chick. Or one wheel for those bolder ones ;)

2) You hold full creative merit. Garage theme, desert landscapes, racing... It's all about you. It is entirely up to you if you want to have a theme or colour scheme.

3) We will assume this calendar to be at our own discretion and taste. However you feel most comfortable and most representative of your personality. You're a hot, bold, Kawi girl. Live it up.

4) There is no compensation. You will not be given 10,000 dollars to strut your stuff like Naomi Campbell even though you probably deserve it much more!

5) You can have more than one bike in your pictures. If you love the way your bike looks next to your boyfriend's bike, take the picture of them together.

6) Once again, this is entirely voluntary. Any pictures you submit may be used as sneak peeks (the ones you authorize) prior to launching the Calendar and Kawiforums is not legally responsible for any creepy PMs you get when you're famous. Remember, it is up to your discretion how much of a saucy minx you wish to be.

I will also be accepting any requests for the month (or months if we don't have enough volunteers) and your favourite colours for the layouts.

Thanks for yur attention and have fun! Any ideas can be PM'd to me or posted directly into this thread. THANKS!!

Daisy

·
Registered
282 Posts
i would love to, but i dont think i can get photos ready. . . .(theres 2 feet of snow in ottawa canada) . . . ill dig threw some old ones and see if i can help.
ill pm you if i have anything.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would love to, but i dont think i can get photos ready. . . .(theres 2 feet of snow in ottawa canada) . . . ill dig threw some old ones and see if i can help.
ill pm you if i have anything.
Perfect! For our winter climate riders in 2005/2006 we took pictures indoors (like a garage or storage unit) with a backdrop. Worked out as well!

Anything you can dig up would be terrific. Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I might do it....I'll see what photos I can dig up. Its too cold here to take any now and my bike is in the living room. Lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome dizzy! I am going to try and make a collage type layout so any fun pictures you have of yourself that you would like included (without bike as well) will fit the bill.

Thank you!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I may like to do it as well. I have to get someone to do my make up and hair for a photo - I completely suck at it!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll send you the two months I did...

I still have the old calendar. I can't find the proofs. We could however scan it in if you want ideas.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some of us went strategically topless. We were covered up to some extent so no nudity. Brooke was the boldest. Carissa was pretty smokin' hot too.

These were a few of mine. Nothing fancy. Shot in the desert.

There were others that were racy but we let those die a while ago. Hehe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is that a fieldsheer jacket? I have one that's similar and i LOVE mine.

cute skirt btw. :)

i love this idea. gotta love any excuse to look cute on my bike. sounds like this calendar would make great x-mas presents too haha.

i will take sum pix and mention it to my girlfriends too.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd have to say end of January deadline. We can maybe just do a collage for January so nobody's pictures get ignored when the month isn't used!

·
Registered
69 Posts
this is a cool idea i would be interested in doing this. i will try to get some photos over to you, you want me to just post them or email them or what?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CARISSA! Your PM box is full. Lemme know your new contact details. Tried sending you mine. Now I am sad :( HURRRYYYYYY!

Bikechick... I effing love your pics. Your jacket is badass! So you in?

·
Registered
69 Posts
here is an older pic i have im going to take more on sun and i will get them up here to you daisy and let me know which ones you want to use if any

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Roll Call!!!

Okay ladies! So by now we know we have at least enough interest to do this. All of you that have sent and posted pics I thank you! I would like to have the list of names by the end of the week. If you can't have pics by then that is okay. I would just like to at least have a partial list to work with.

I need everyone that will be joining in to simply send me a confirmation by PM. No pics required if you don't have them. Please also include the MONTH you would like to represent.

Here is the list of ladies that said they would like to be a part of it. Let me know if I should make corrections!

250 Cutie
Dizzy08
Joslyn
Ananda
Kawagirl
Along77082
SilverZZR
Bikerchick
Carclimbs
AZDaisy

These Gentlemen have also ben kind enough to help out with their wives volunteering:

Rider4Life and Hiiiiiyaaaaa!

I would like to have yays or nays by week's end. I do understand it is christmas time (or Hannukah for all you j00s!) and getting out for pictures is gonna be near impossible. Especially those of you visiting family.

Thanks again for everything and once again let me know if I missed anyone or if any of you don't wish to be a part of it anymore. I do thank all of you for your support in making this project a success regardless. Your interest and approval alone pretty much validates why we are doing this!

I will NOT be going home to Montreal (My Habs have been sucking it anyway. Boo) for the holidays so I can work on this. I will PM the full list with my email address for submissions.

Merci a tous!

Barbara

1 - 20 of 53 Posts