• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I watch them ALL!!! Which is why I haven't ticked any of the boxes. If it's two wheels I'm watchin' dammit.

Unlike just about every major team "sport" (and I use the term sport very lightly hence the parenthesis) in the US: basketball, football, baseball and to some extent even hockey are just games. It's the players that have reduced it to that level. It's all ME ME ME ME ME fuck the team I DID IT ME ME ME ME ...... It's also the same team that picks up the slack when the star player decides to take a nap or what have you.

Bikes on the other hand..woah....yeah there's a team behind every win for sure. When guys win, they thank the team and they probably mean it too! Nonethless, when you're out there all by yourself and the green flag drops, it's just you, your bike and your ability to say to yourself "fuck that, I'm better than all these guys here!"

"Sports" players sit out of a few games because they bruised a knee or maybe their shoulder is sore bla bla sand in the pussy bla bla bla..... Guys like Schwantz, Doohan, Edwards, Bayliss et al go out and ride with the only limiting factor being that they are cleared by officials to ride! There have been those who have tried to go pass a physical with a ruptured spleen - only to race!

When it comes to the sheer physical and phsychological stress/finess that motorbike racing embodies, there are few human endeavours that rival the act of getting on an engine with two wheels strapped to it and being flung down a road at stupid velocity protected by little more than cleverly crafted animal skin - it's just not right and I LOVE IT!!!!

There you have it, take your ball and throw it with your teammates, I'll swap out tires.
Take your stick, bat or club; toil as you will, I'll work on that corner exit wheelspin problem.

Bikes - you can ALWAYS get better!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Also all, and the only series that's disappointing me this year has been WSBK, not so much because the lack of competition for the points lead, but because it's so Ducati dominated (and I'm not talking about results, just the look of the field...)

AMA has been good, and MotoGP surprisingly good. I just love bike racing. Period. I'm even gettin' into this new SuperMotard stuff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.