Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Alright airbox mod complete.80mm depth just waiting for install and also waiting on the dynojet dual wideband kit to monitor my AFR and adjust

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Muffler Rim

Silicone om the outside and resin on the inside (that's what the stacks are made of

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Currently having issues where the bike would just turn off on idle or while riding. Thinking it could be the fuel pump because sometimes it sounds weird at start.
Then today i updated the power commander firmware and.... Magic smoke came out.......
Well i have to remove it and figure out why it burned up.
I'm still going to replace the fuel pump and clean the injectors. Meanwhile i do that I'll install the airbox and the air inject exhaust valve thing. So it's going to have a good amount of downtime.
Also added 100ohm resistor for the KOSO gauge since you can only select 100ohm or 250 and as far as I know the 2009 ER-6N is 204-210 ohms on empty. Edit: wait a minute, it's supposed to be 5-7 ohms on full.... Woops gotta undo it
Networking cables Electrical wiring Circuit component Cable Wrist

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yeah dynojet is fried (10 days after warranty lol) but the bike runs without it. Fuel pump sounds weird.

But look at this space! Does anyone have any links or recommendations for aftermarket fans so i can replace the OEM shroud and fan. If i find a good recommendation i might drop the radiator and design a Ram air intake. If you guys need files, let me know.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Need better pics...
This good enough my dude. Unfortunately because of the 1.5" riser it cannot be rotated more. Some grinding had to be done. If i where to grind even more or go with normal clip-ons and no risers you can rotate even more. I don't like how the headlight is sitting so I'm going to make another headlight bracket. Maybe I'll make the bracket flair out more and add a tilt adjustment. I'm also redoing the wire harness around there to make it clean and shortening the gauge cluster cable (mine was completely wrapped in tape, don't know if this is normal). New steering damper adapter is coming in soon.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Alright this weekend's to do list:
Install dynojet autotune with dual AFR sensors
Install new coolant overflow tank
Install dual 60mm rads
Install new fuel pump
Clean the injectors and maybe throttle body

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
What a long day. I finished everything but the radiator fans.

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I made the brackets out of 3mm titanium just because. Do you guys prefer Carbon fiber or titanium?

Edit: and yeah the welds are ugly because it took 5 minutes (i pre drilled the holes) and it was free.

Anyone have recommendations for crash bars, i find these too ugly but they are functional. I dropped the bike twice and no scratches on the tank. Italian roads are slick.

The coolant reservoir is the perfect size it needs some modifications tho if you guys want to try it. And yes I made it so the reservoir releases pressure when it gets too hot
Amazon link $23

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Also, what are the "rear most" rearsets. I have the Valtermoto type 1 which goes 25mm back and 25mm up compared to stock.
Accorfing to woodcraft the rear sets should be the same for 2009-2011 650r and so far they have the biggest change, 31.5 back and 31.5 up, not worth it so far to change.
The clip-ons want to make me put my feat further back. It feels like the bike is easier to turn compared to the sports bars.
I guess i can sell the sports bars, i can ship to the US or Europe.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think that looks great!
have you considered making fork leg covers ?
there’s something I personally I prefer -thicker looking fork legs lust look more sporting and some covers would achieve that. Take a look at the 2012 er6 they have some

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I have thought about fork covers bit this bike isn't really a Cafe racer. Well, not in Italy at least. When I go back to the US maybe. But for right now I'm trying for a more street fighter look.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have thought about fork covers bit this bike isn't really a Cafe racer. Well, not in Italy at least. When I go back to the US maybe. But for right now I'm trying for a more street fighter look.
Yeah what I mean is something to make the top half of the forks look less spindly/thicker
Street fighters tend to have thick USD forks from sports bikes - Do spend much time at the street fighters forum? That’s been a great source of inspiration for me In the past

41 - 60 of 60 Posts