Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
anybody going to be there. i will be there with a couple friends. sportbiketracktime is putting it on.
Was just gonna ask the same thing. I will be there Sunday also. Any pics of your bikes so you will be easier to pick out of a crowd? What class are you running in? I have not ran with STT before just signed up and applied for advanced but not sure how that works. Are they just gonna trust that I'm fast? I know I can run in advanced but hope no slow pokes that think they are fast apply for advance since it seems too easy to do.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
you hav to get bumped by an STT CR. i'm sure if you show them ur racing license they will bump you no prob though. there are quite a few of the CR's on clsb, i know wink for sure and a couple others. i think the guy that runs it is named monte he's on there too.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i don't have any pics of my bike here @ work. it's a magma 05 zx6r. beet exhaust. I am also in advanced.
Ok I will look for you. Keep an eye out for my bike http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2649920195/

you hav to get bumped by an STT CR. i'm sure if you show them ur racing license they will bump you no prob though. there are quite a few of the CR's on clsb, i know wink for sure and a couple others. i think the guy that runs it is named monte he's on there too.
Yeah I figure when I talk to them on Sunday they will start me out in Advance and say if we feel you can't hang then lower me. When I was an amature I would request at to be in "I" at private track time and they kept moving me up saying since I can run safely in close quarters I should run with faster people to help me pick up my pace. I talked to grasshopper at CLSB and I am gonna try and hook-up with him. Wink is NESBA I think.

When are you gonna come hit the track?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Wink is with NESBA. He is a Midwest Control Rider.

--David

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ok I will look for you. Keep an eye out for my bike http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2649920195/

Yeah I figure when I talk to them on Sunday they will start me out in Advance and say if we feel you can't hang then lower me. When I was an amature I would request at to be in "I" at private track time and they kept moving me up saying since I can run safely in close quarters I should run with faster people to help me pick up my pace. I talked to grasshopper at CLSB and I am gonna try and hook-up with him. Wink is NESBA I think.

When are you gonna come hit the track?
ur right about wink i dunno what i was thinking. gets confusing around there. hopefully i'll be at the track soon man, i want to try to get to one this year. i'm just having trouble with gear. i don't really have the extra dough to buy a full suit right now and they don't rent in the size i need i don't think. i have a guy that might be willing to let me borrow his leathers if they fit me so i'm gonna check that out this weekend. if they fit i'm gonna be doing prob the next available one at either autobahn or even blackhawk.

didn't you mention that you had some takeoffs for sale or did u unload them already??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ur right about wink i dunno what i was thinking. gets confusing around there. hopefully i'll be at the track soon man, i want to try to get to one this year. i'm just having trouble with gear. i don't really have the extra dough to buy a full suit right now and they don't rent in the size i need i don't think. i have a guy that might be willing to let me borrow his leathers if they fit me so i'm gonna check that out this weekend. if they fit i'm gonna be doing prob the next available one at either autobahn or even blackhawk.

didn't you mention that you had some takeoffs for sale or did u unload them already??
I usually have a stack of tires. New tires, race take-offs and my free pile for people needing a tire in a pinch. I also have a tire changer so if you bring your rims I can mount/balance them for a small fee.

Let me know when you are gonna go. If you give me enough time I can get you Michelin CT2's or Race compound DOT's at racer prices(or other brands if you want).

Next trackday is Aug 11th(Monday) at BHF by privattracktime.com
Then Aug 20th(Wednesday) at BHF by Blackhawk farms
Then Aug 30th-31(Sat-Sun) at BHF by NESBA
and same weekend AUG 30th-Sept 1st(Sat-Monday) at Autobahn by Sportbiketracktime.com

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I usually have a stack of tires. New tires, race take-offs and my free pile for people needing a tire in a pinch. I also have a tire changer so if you bring your rims I can mount/balance them for a small fee.

Let me know when you are gonna go. If you give me enough time I can get you Michelin CT2's or Race compound DOT's at racer prices(or other brands if you want).

Next trackday is Aug 11th(Monday) at BHF by privattracktime.com
Then Aug 20th(Wednesday) at BHF by Blackhawk farms
Then Aug 30th-31(Sat-Sun) at BHF by NESBA
and same weekend AUG 30th-Sept 1st(Sat-Monday) at Autobahn by Sportbiketracktime.com

i think 31st is gonna be my best bet. which would you reccomend for my first track day stt or nesba? i heard stt has a little bit more teaching and structure in the B group and that autobahn would actually be a better course for a first timer.

are you doing any of these days. i think it would be best to ride up with a buddy rather than try to ride to the track day and then home. god forbid i wad it up on my first time.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i think 31st is gonna be my best bet. which would you reccomend for my first track day stt or nesba? i heard stt has a little bit more teaching and structure in the B group and that autobahn would actually be a better course for a first timer.

are you doing any of these days. i think it would be best to ride up with a buddy rather than try to ride to the track day and then home. god forbid i wad it up on my first time.
I have never done a track day with either so I can't really help there, only did Privatetracktime. STT has a lower members fee though. Autobahn eats tires but besides that either track would be ok to start on I think. If I am off of work I would go up there and help you out or maybe even run myself(if you choose STT since I already paid the member fees.) You should bring someone just incase. BHF is a better spectator track since people can walk the whole inside of the track to watch.

**Dewillits**
Of course my wife supports me. I wouldn't be able to do it without her help working on my bike, helping drive to events, making me food and helping unpack and pack every weekend she is there. We have been together for 9 years now and married for 1 (I'm 29 /she is 27). We met when I was 16 which was a long time ago. I crashed the first race weekend after our wedding and it was in the corner she was standing in. She had never seen me crash before. I lowside at 90mph and after I stopped summer saulting I ran over to the fence and asked if she was o.k. because she had a look of terror in her eyes. She started to cry, hugged me and said she was o.k.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That's pretty cool that you two can enjoy motorcycles together. Good for both of you.

--David

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
That's pretty cool that you two can enjoy motorcycles together. Good for both of you.

--David
Yeah she currently rides a 04 RSV1000 but we are lookin to sell it and get her something lighter. She is too afraid to park it anywhere and for the past 4 years she has put 4000 miles on it. She rides around my race bike because "it's a race bike, it doesn't matter if someone knocks it over" she says. I think she just likes to rocket the race bike if you ask me. She has done trackdays but doesn't live to drag as much as me so she usually just takes pics of me out there. The flickr pics I post earlier in the thread she took at RA.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw you working on your bike most of the day Spooner, I actually didn't know you had the crazy painted one until now, but did you get any laps in that day? I was on the red 636 with the yellow plates and blue and white leathers. I had a fun morning but I ended up crashing in 1 in the afternoon and missed the last few sessions. Pretty fun track but definitely bumpy in spots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw you working on your bike most of the day Spooner, I actually didn't know you had the crazy painted one until now, but did you get any laps in that day? I was on the red 636 with the yellow plates and blue and white leathers. I had a fun morning but I ended up crashing in 1 in the afternoon and missed the last few sessions. Pretty fun track but definitely bumpy in spots.
did you drive down there from minneapolis? i thought we had a long drive...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yeah I was out there for 3 sessions. I went out there chasing what I thought was electrical trouble and later blew a radiator hose out there and called it a day. I pulled apart my transmission yesterday and found my forks were toast and that was causing my bike to "buck" while I was in corners. If you come up to a local track to me again make sure you post and let us know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts