Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: How many of you bike owners would run your cycles through an automatic motorcycle wash that safely and thoroughly washes your bike including wheels in 5 minutes. Just curious who would and wouldn't and why.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i sure would. i'm lazy but also ocd when it comes to doing things right. so if i get around to washing my cars or bike i spend hours getting in every nook and detailing. it would be nice if i could just have it cleaned real quick so that i wouldn't have to do anything

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I'm uber leery about water from some high pressure washing thing getting into somewhere it shouldn't. Yes I am aware that rain will do similar things, BUT the pressure of wind and rain is totally different to a high pressure turbo washer thing.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
who are we trusting to strap the bikes down? ourselves? thatd be a big liability issue.
and i doubt many riders would trust some $8/hr HS kid to do it either.....
Strap it down? It's wheel clamped just like a chock, all automated just ride in and get off :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
i'd say it depends on the price of the wash. if its cheap and safe then YES, if its done by your gf then YES, if its done by your mom then HELLL YEA!

lol.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
strap-on, WTF?!
dont you have some home-work to do...
A big HELL NO, NEVER, NO FUCKING WAY.

Water doesn't touch my bike unless I get caught in the rain. Plexus or McGuires Quick Detailer only. Simple Green if there is a really bad spot.
meh, sometimes i hose it off. but mostly i just use a microfiber..
but usually...i just ride it. its filthy most times...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I want one where I can stay on the bike - just like when I first got my permit I stole daddy's vette and took the top off and it got dirty so i took it through a car wash :)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
ok, then def NO.
thats not good enough for me. not with it moving around. there'd better be a strap on it, along with the chock.
It's secure enough to hold a 1000 lb bike I'm sure it'll hold yours just fine. The bike doesn't move the bike wash arm moves around the bike.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm with nevada. I want my bike to look nice, but I commute on it. I ride it every day... I accept the dirt.

IMO, a dirty bike is a happy bike.

Last week, I had to go through a very small muddy puddle. Those little dirt spots on the fairing gave it more character(Then I washed them off because I was working on it, but thats another story)

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
It's secure enough to hold a 1000 lb bike I'm sure it'll hold yours just fine. The bike doesn't move the bike wash arm moves around the bike.
ok, thats different.

but, i spend more time riding, than washing. so i still doubt id use it.
IF washing it was important to me. id prefer to do it myself tho.

right now, its FILTHY as i rode about 150 miles worth of rain last weekend. i'll wipe it down, when i get around to it....

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've got some car wash soap and wipe on wax as it drys. I hand wash it on my butt. Though I'd like to have something to clean it quicker. Or better for that matter. What's some good stuff to clean up my rims and my handle bars? My handle bars have black all over them that needs serious scrubbing or good cleaning material.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've got some car wash soap and wipe on wax as it drys. I hand wash it on my butt. Though I'd like to have something to clean it quicker. Or better for that matter. What's some good stuff to clean up my rims and my handle bars? My handle bars have black all over them that needs serious scrubbing or good cleaning material.
Just use any regular wheel cleaner - they're usually made for any type (polished, anodized, etc...) - I use Orange Blast and it work's great for my car and bike (I think it's like one of those Billy Mays commercials)

edit - didn't see you say anything about handle bars - i'd says just get some brillo type pads - around here a local auto shop has like a 'brake dust scrubber' which is pretty much the same thing in a special shape for rims

1 - 20 of 42 Posts