Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Just curious. What is the average cost on maintenence a year on your bike? with this what bike do you ride and what state are you from? if you haven't had a bike for a year, what have you spent so far since you had your bike?

I'm just wondering beause I want to see if there is a correlation on what people spend a year for maintenance. I myself don't have a bike(want a 250r for commuting to school and work); so I'm trying to see what I should expect to spend.

before anyone says anything, I tried searching on here first:p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Depends on how much you ride and what you do yourself. Main things that get replaced during a one year time frame for me are:

Oil
Brake Fluid
Tires

But then you get into the other stuff that eventually comes around like:

Pads
Filter
Plugs
Lights
Battery
etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I ride a lot, even if it's 40 degress outside. As long as it's not snowing, I am on my bike. So I put about 13K-16K a year on my bike. So my maintenance numbers are approximately like this:
PureOne Oil Filter - 4 filters per year at $6, so it's $24
MobilOne Bike Oil - at $9.99 per quart, so it's around $200
BelRay Chain Lube - at $8 per can, so it's around $100-$130
Maxima Chain Cleaner - another $100-$130
Tires - $250 a set, so around $500 (depending on what you use, I run PP or Pirelli)
ZeRex Aluminum Safe Coolant - at $18 per gallon, it's another $140-$150
Kawasaki Air Filter - depending on where you buy them from $25-$50 for one, so it's about another $75-$100. Or you can just buy K&N once and you'll be all set. But on my bike K&N does not really do jack performance wise, so I don't use it.
So the total for a year of my riding is about $1,200. But most people don't ride as much and don't lube their chains every 600-800 miles or flush their coolant as often. You get the idea.

I think that's about it for regular maintenance. But depending on how you ride, where and how much you ride. You will need to change plugs, battery, brake pads and so on, just like spdfrkaby said. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.