Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Avon Vipers 59/60? The company has a promo going and thinking of ordering a tire...I would like to hear some opinions before ordering.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I saw the same promo and was thinking about getting them myself. But when I did some research on Avon, apparently they have a somewhat bad history with making racing tires. The Vipers sound pretty good but I dunno....the stuff I read about Avon kinda turned me off to them.

Pirelli has a deal going on too right now and they are definitely better quality, from what I hear/read.

Me personally, I'm goin with PPs.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Bugjuice is overseas, but I believe he has Avons, but I dont know which exact one. Try PMing him, or he will probably show up in this thread sooner or later.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Im riding on Avon Vipers 59/60 right now and I love them. Its a great tire sticky tire but has some really good tread life. I prefer them over all the other tires I have had including, Diablo's, BTO 12ss, and Sportec M-1's. If you have any questions hit me up with a PM.

Cheers,

JB

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have the AV45/46 and they are awesome at nearly 7,000 they have been sticky as can be and are no where near needing replaced. I would definitly buy them again and getting a free front is a no brainer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the answers, appreciate it. I looked around and found a tire shootout in the 12-05 issue of sport rider. Sport Rider tested 9 street tires and the vipers were one of the sets, and received pretty good results.

I guess once tires get to a certain performance level its pretty much personal feel and choice. the qualifers were rated the best, but were dissed pretty badly on another thread on this site. I am running 0 14"s now which rated second in the test along with pilot powers and prefer the feel of the 014's over the qualifiers...

so i am ordering up a rear...[:p]

thanks again for the comments :D

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Just about the only thing I know about avons is that my mechanic is always telling me to get a set because of the road hazard warranty. He says that if you get a flat you get a new tire free? It did sound tempting, but I just love the pilot powers and I think I'll be sticking with them for every new set I am buying.

I don't hear much about avons at all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm running the viper sports(59/60) on my 600. I love them, good grip, quick warm up and at full lean the grip holds. Avon does have the road hazard warranty and stand by it. they replaced a rear tire for me that got a nail at 200 miles, no questions. when i replace these i'm thinking of going with the supersports (a little softer compound).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got my free front tire from Avon....150 bucks for a set of tires......I just put a set of Bridgestones on so it will be a month or so before I try them, but I have heard good things about their performance..

The special is still running for the month of sept...buy a rear and get a front for free...hard deal to beat :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.