Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was riding to work the other night when all of a sudden my speedo went flat and just read 0. The revs move etc but its not registering any speed at all. I have had the sprocket cover off and cleaned and had a look at the sensor but everything seems fine. I didn't notice anything noise wise when riding or anything but now I'm confused as to what it could be. Has anyone got a photo of what their sprocket looks like so I can compare incase something's missing or anybody had the same experience? Cheers people.

·
Registered
291 Posts
the sensor doesn't register your sprocket, it registers the signal from your bolt that's on the frontsprocket.

So unless you lost your bolt :) I'd search it in the sensor or in the CDI. Does the FI light comes on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My FI light does come on yes. Come to think of it though I cleaned the sensor the other day and can't say I recollect seeing a bolt in the sprocket as daft as that sounds.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My FI light does come on yes. Come to think of it though I cleaned the sensor the other day and can't say I recollect seeing a bolt in the sprocket as daft as that sounds.
It's the big long bolt that keeps yout sprocket in place. But if the FI light comes on, you can read the fault code and see what it says (probably the sensor went broke)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts